Forty Seven

-𝓐 𝓕𝓵𝓪𝓼𝓱 𝓸𝓯 𝓗𝓪𝓵𝓭𝓲, 𝓐 𝓢𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓴 𝓸𝓯 𝓡𝓸𝓶𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓮-

As the sun rose over the horizon, casting a golden glow over Hastinapur, the palace bustled with excitement as preparations for Dushala's haldi ceremony were underway. Aanya sat beside Nakul and Sahdeva, stealing glances at Dushala, who sat adorned in resplendent attire, her visage a mask of forced jubilation.

The scent of turmeric and sandalwood filled the air, mingling with the melodious strains of traditional music that echoed through the palace halls. Despite the festivities, Aanya couldn't shake off the feeling that Dushala's smile didn't quite reach her eyes. Concern etched Aanya's brow as she observed Dushala who appeared lost in thought amidst the revelry.

"What are you thinking with such a serious expression?" Nakul couldn't help but ask Aanya, noticing her pensive demeanor.

"It's nothing," Aanya murmured, her gaze lingering on Dushala's veiled unease.

"Then why are you sitting like you have the weight of the world on your shoulders?" Nakul teased her with a chuckle.

"Ah, I know what this is about," Sahdeva chimed in, a knowing glint in his eyes. "You're fretting over Dushala's happiness, aren't you?"

"Because you are overthinking about her marriage," Nakul teased, tapping her head lightly, eliciting a glare from Aanya.

"I hate Duryodhan," Aanya grumbled.

"Feelings are mutual," Duryodhan interjected, causing Aanya to roll her eyes at him.

"There are lots of sweets here, Duryodhan. Go and eat some. Your tongue is definitely in need of it," Aanya retorted, directing a pointed glance at Duryodhan.

Aanya shot him a withering glance before turning her attention back to Dushala, who was being adorned with the auspicious haldi paste. "Do you really believe in the transformative power of haldi for the skin? Whenever I try it, I end up resembling a walking embodiment of sunshine," she remarked.

"Well, go ahead and ask the skincare guru himself," Sahdev said, pointing mockingly at Nakul.

Sahdev jumped in mockingly, "Well, go ahead and ask the skincare guru himself," pointing towards Nakul.

Aanya couldn't hold back a giggle. "Oh, absolutely! Nakul here has a top-secret skincare routine that even Apsaras would envy. He probably spent more time getting ready than the bride herself. Seriously, what were you doing?"

Nakul put on an innocent act, flashing a mischievous grin. "Oh, you know, just perfecting my art of haldi application. It takes skill, precision, and a dash of luck to achieve that radiant glow. You should take notes, kid."

Aanya rolled her eyes playfully. "Sure, Nakul, keep living in your haldi-fueled fantasy world. Meanwhile, the rest of us will be here, hoping we don't end up looking like walking blobs of turmeric." Their laughter echoed through the hall, filling the air with infectious joy.

Aanya stood up as Gandhari called her, causing her to groan loudly, which made Nakul and Sahdeva chuckle.

"Ji, Mata," Aanya asked as she approached her, doing a mock bow.

"Where have you been hiding?" Gandhari asked, her concern lacing her voice. "Don't you want to apply haldi to your friend?"

Aanya's eyes widened in surprise. "Me?" she questioned dramatically, pointing at herself.

Gandhari nodded with a warm smile. "Of course. Your love and blessings are just as important to her."

Aanya grinned as she took a seat in front of Dushala, wiggling her eyebrows mischievously.