Thirty Four

-𝓤𝓷𝓼𝓹𝓸𝓴𝓮𝓷 𝓗𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓪𝓬𝓱𝓮-

Aanya plopped down in front of the mirror as Jeevika helped her untangle her hair. "There should totally be a hair salon here. I could really use a fabulous haircut," she grumbled.

Jeevika skillfully braided her hair and chirped, "You know what? Rajkumari Subhadra is going to Hastinapur."

Aanya looked up with bewilderment. "No way," she shook her head, "Who told this to you?"

"I just overheard some maids gossiping while they were getting things ready," Jeevika informed.

Aanya nodded in confusion. "Then why didn't anyone tell me?" she muttered under her breath.

"So, when is she leaving?" Aanya inquired.

"Maybe tomorrow with Rajkumar Arjun," Jeevika shrugged.

Aanya sprang up in shock, "He's leaving tomorrow?"

Jeevika confirmed.

"I can't believe he didn't even bother to mention it to me," Aanya grumbled as she pushed her way out of the room.

"Where are you going now?" Jeevika questioned as Aanya stormed out.

"Ready to go commit a murder, wanna join?" Aanya shot back angrily.

Jeevika shook her head, looking on in surprise.

As Aanya marched through the palace in search of Arjun, she finally spotted him with Subhadra, deep in conversation. Aanya took a step back, feeling a pang of jealousy as she watched Arjun chuckle at something Subhadra said. Aanya scrunched up her face in frustration.

"I've never seen him laugh like that around me," she huffed.

As she turned to leave, a lamp accidentally toppled over, causing hot oil to spill onto her hand. A sharp yelp escaped her lips, catching the attention of both Subhadra and Arjun.

"Oh, great! Just what I needed today," she grumbled, shaking her hand in pain.

"Aanya," Arjun came towards her with concern. "Are you alright?" he asked, looking at the fallen lamp.

Subhadra reached out to take her hand. "Let me see."

Aanya pulled her hand back. "I'm fine," she said, her voice coming out a bit snappish and irritable.

Subhadra looked at her with surprise but decided not to dwell on it.

"You don't need to worry; I'll be fine. I'm sorry," Aanya muttered, trying to force a smile, though it seemed strained and forced.

Arjun shook his head, taking her hand in his with concern. "How can you be so careless?" he remarked in a slightly scolding manner.

Aanya glared at him and removed her hand from his grip before stomping away in a huff, her footsteps echoing with frustration and annoyance. Arjun watched her go, feeling a mix of confusion and concern. He quickly followed her.

Subhadra observed them, emitting a soft sigh as she contemplated whether or not she should intervene and check on the situation. After a moment's thought, she decided it was best to give them some space.

Arjun caught up to Aanya and gently turned her around to face him, his heart pounding with concern. "Aanya," he said softly, his eyes locked with hers and filled with worry.

"I'm not talking to you," Aanya said, removing his hand from her arm, her brows furrowed in frustration.

Arjun's brow creased, and he took a step closer, his frown deepening. "What happened to you?" he asked, his voice tinged with a mix of concern and confusion. She glared at him and walked off in the other direction.