Eighty Five

-𝓐𝓯𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓶𝓪𝓽𝓱-

Aanya stumbled back to her chambers, the vibrant colours of the palace halls leaching away into a dull, suffocating grey with every halting step. Each echoing footfall mocked her not just with its hollowness, but with a cruel reminder of the life she once had, a life that danced with joy and shimmered with hope. Reaching the sanctuary of her room, she slammed the door with a violence that mirrored the storm, tearing through her. But the familiar space offered no comfort; instead, it amplified the desolate silence that had become her constant companion, a suffocating weight that pressed down on her like a physical entity.

A strangled sob escaped her lips, a sound that shattered the sterile silence and echoed through the empty chamber. It was a sound ripped from the depths of her being, a torrent of emotions that had been dammed for far too long. Tears streamed down her face, each drop a searing brand of humiliation that burned into her very core. Her trembling hands flew to her face, clawing at its delicate skin as if to erase the memory of the searing words that had been etched into her soul. But the phantom sting of Jayadratha's cruel barbs lingered, a constant reminder of the worthlessness she had been forced to wear, a poisonous thorn embedded deep within her.

Aanya crumpled onto the floor, the cold seeping into her bones a chilling echo of the emptiness that had taken root within her. Her chest, constricted by an invisible vice, heaved with each ragged breath, each gasp a desperate plea for air that seemed to get lost in the suffocating silence of the room. The air itself felt thick with the stench of her humiliation, a cloying miasma that clung to her like a shroud. The walls seemed to pulse with the silent screams that clawed their way up her throat, choked back by the sheer weight of her despair.

In that desolate space, the once vibrant princess lay broken. The echo of laughter that had once filled these chambers was replaced by the ragged gasps of a soul shattered beyond repair. A single tear, glistening like a fallen star, traced a path down her cheek, landing on the silk cloth that had become her refuge. It was a solitary mourner in a vast emptiness, a silent testament to the searing pain that devoured her. This pain was a monstrous entity, a ravenous beast that feasted not just on her flesh, but on the very essence of who she was. Aanya, stripped bare of her dignity and innocence, lay adrift in a sea of her own tears, a lone warrior defeated not on the battlefield, but in the cruelest court of all, the court of humiliation.

Here, in the cavernous emptiness of her room, Aanya extinguished the final ember of defiance, plunging herself into a darkness as suffocating as the despair that had coiled around her heart. The air hung heavy, thick with the cloying scent of unshed tears and the phantom echoes of cruel laughter that mocked her very existence. A strangled sob ripped from her throat, sound that tore through the silence like a banshee's wail. Each shuddering breath was a desperate gasp for air that wouldn't come, a physical manifestation of the suffocating weight pressing down on her.

Fueled by a maelstrom of emotions that threatened to consume her entirely, Aanya lashed out. Objects that once held comfort, a vase, a silken scarf embroidered with memories of happier times, became targets of her fury. They were flung across the room in a futile attempt to exorcise the demons that gnawed at her. With each throw, a guttural roar erupted from her lips, a scream that seemed to echo off the very walls, a chilling testament to the devastation within. But the objects shattered and the silk ripped, offering no solace. The only response was the mocking silence of the room, a cruel reflection of the hollowness that now resided where her spirit once burned bright. Aanya was a prisoner in her own despair in that moment, a once vibrant flame reduced to a smoldering ember, flickering precariously in the abyss.

Outside, a cacophony of worried voices filtered through the heavy oak door, punctuated by the hesitant rapping of knuckles. Yet, their concern remained a distant echo, a faint buzzing lost in the hurricane that raged within Aanya's soul. A prisoner in her own private hell, she lay sprawled on the cold floor. Here, shadows danced on the walls, mocking phantoms in a macabre ballet. She was defeated not by physical force, but by the searing blades of humiliation and despair.