Sixty Two

-𝓓𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓭 𝓗𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓼-

Arjun sat beneath the shade of a sprawling banyan tree, its leaves whispering secrets in the warm Dwarka breeze. The air thrummed with the distant sounds of celebration, a stark contrast to the turmoil within him. He knew this day would come, the day of Aanya's Swayamvara. Every fiber of his being yearned to be there, to stand by her side and claim his love. But the weight of their secret, the burden of their identities, held him captive.

A twig snapped behind him, and Nakul stood in front of him, a frown creasing his youthful face. "Bhratashri, are we not going to Dwarka? Surely, we can't just sit here while..." his voice trailed off, unable to finish the sentence.

Arjun shook his head, the movement heavy with despair. "Going there puts everything at risk, Nakul. We can't reveal ourselves yet, not until the time is right."

Sahdeva joined them, his usually bright eyes clouded with worry. "But not going there, Bhratashri," he said, "means you will lose her."

Nakul chimed in, his voice a little sharp with frustration. "Exactly! And if you weren't planning to go, then why did you bring us all the way to Dwarka?"

Arjun flinched, the accusation echoing his own gnawing guilt. He didn't have an answer. He'd been driven by a desperate hope, a foolish belief that somehow, he could be near her without revealing their secret. Now, the reality of his inaction gnawed at him.

Silence descended upon them, thick and heavy. The distant sounds of celebration mocked their helplessness. Finally, Arjun forced himself to speak, his voice rasping. "I... I don't know what to do. My heart aches for her, but revealing ourselves could bring ruin to everything we've fought for."

Nakul sighed, his anger softening into empathy. "We need a plan. A way to be there for Aanya without jeopardizing our identities."

Sahdeva's eyes gleamed with a spark of determination. "Perhaps there's a way to send a message, a hidden sign that only Aanya will understand. Something to let her know we haven't abandoned her." He continued,"We need to think. We need a plan that's both audacious and discreet. A plan worthy of your love for her."

Arjun shook his head, his voice firm despite the tremor that ran through him. "No. We can't do anything. If this Swayamvara is truly Aanya's destiny, then revealing ourselves now, with all the chaos it would bring, might only disrupt that destiny. And what if... what if we get there, raise her hopes, and then find ourselves powerless to help? We'd only be giving her a flicker of hope, a glimpse of what could be, before snatching it away again."

Nakul ran a hand through his hair, his frustration evident. "But Aanya... she's strong, Bhratashri. You know her. If this isn't the path she wants, she won't simply go along with it."

He's frown deepened. "When we met her, she was unaware of this whole Swayamvara. Maybe the idea was forced upon her. Maybe-"

The sound of retreating footsteps cut him short. Arjun had left, leaving the unfinished thought hanging heavy in the air. Silence descended upon the twins, broken only by the rustle of leaves outside their hidden abode.

Aanya, meanwhile, stood hesitantly at the entrance of Kanha's chamber. The smile that usually graced her lips was absent, replaced by a deep furrow in her brow. "Kanha, you called for me?" she whispered, her voice barely above a murmur.

Krishna's eyes softened as he met her gaze. "Yes, Aanya," he replied, his voice a gentle melody. "News has reached me that you haven't left your room in days." He saw the flicker of defiance in her eyes as she turned away, a small huff escaping her lips.