Forty Four

-𝓟𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓴𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓛𝓪𝓾𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓮𝓻-

"Who is he?" Aanya asked Dushala, her eyes falling on a man standing beside Arjun with a bright smile. He was tall, adorned in a striking blue outfit, exuding undeniable positive vibes.

"Dushala," she prodded, sensing her friend's unspoken admiration.

Dushala tore her gaze away, answering softly, "Yuvraaj Dhruv."

A mischievous grin danced upon Aanya's lips as she teased, "It's okay, feel free to stare. I won't breathe a word. Handsome men are indeed rare finds, especially when you have 105 brothers to contend with." Her playful banter was greeted by a playful slap from Dushala.

"Be serious," Dushala chided. "We shouldn't be staring at other men."

Aanya's grin faltered, and she muttered beneath her breath, "Really? Maybe you should teach that to your fiancé too," her annoyance clear.

A chill suddenly crawled up Aanya's spine. With a deep breath, she slowly turned to find Jayadrath’s unsettling gaze fixed upon her. Her teeth clenched in response, her eyes burning with unspoken defiance.

As he approached, Aanya could feel her heart quicken, her unease growing. She forced a polite smile and exchanged greetings with Jayadrath, his presence casting a shadow over the lighthearted mood.

"Bloody creep," Aanya seethed inwardly, unable to bear the weight of his gaze any longer.

As they moved to leave, Jayadrath deliberately brushed against Aanya, leaving her seething with irritation. Aanya winced as she felt a tug on her dupatta. She turned around to find Jayadrath's foot on it. Dushala stopped walking and looked at Aanya, glaring at Jayadrath.

"Apologies," he murmured, lacking any sincerity in his words. Aanya’s eyes flashed with anger as she stomped off, leaving Dushala to sigh deeply and shake her head in disappointment before retreating to her room.

Tossing her dupatta aside, Aanya's fists clenched as a surge of frustration washed over her. As she sank onto her bed, a torrent of emotions swirled within her. She knew that Jayadrath's actions had been intentional. "Kanha," she whispered, her voice filled with anguish. "Why would Duryodhan subject Dushala to such a fate?"

Aanya sat down in her room, a heavy weight on her heart, feeling the urgency to change Dushala's fate. She couldn't bear the thought of her living a life with a man like Jayadrath. As she pondered, her stomach grumbled, disrupting her thoughts and prompting her to make her way to the kitchen. There, she found Bheem, engrossed in cooking something.

"What are you cooking, Bhrata Bheem?" Aanya asked eagerly, her curiosity piqued.

Bheem looked at her with surprise, "You were not supposed to come here."

Aanya raised an eyebrow, "What's the big deal?"

"I was trying to surprise you," Bheem admitted with a sheepish grin.

Aanya chuckled, "Well, I'm surprised, for sure, Bhrata Bheem."

"I thought I'd try making something for you," Bheem confessed, an unusual softness in his voice.

A glint of amusement danced in Aanya's eyes as she watched Bheem fry the samosas like a pro. "Remembered the recipe, did you?" she teased.

Bheem nodded, "How could I forget what my sister likes?" Despite herself, Aanya felt touched by Bheem's gesture and gladly pitched in to help, feeling her spirits lift with each comical mishap they encountered.