Thirty One

-𝓐 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝓛𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻, 𝓐 𝓗𝓲𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓷 𝓗𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽-

The evening sun cast a warm golden hue over the courtyard of the palace, transforming it into a mesmerizing haven of tranquility and beauty. As Aanya twirled gracefully to the soft, melodious tunes of a classical raga, her emerald green lehenga flowed around her like a whirlwind, each graceful movement painting an elegant picture against the serene backdrop of the palace. Her laughter bubbled through the quiet air, enveloping the surroundings with a touch of joy as she danced with an effortless fluidity that was both captivating and enchanting.

Unbeknownst to her, Karna stood at a distance, leaning against a marble pillar, his intense gaze fixed solely on the mesmerizing sight before him. His heart stirred with silent admiration at the sight of Aanya lost in the rhythm of her dance. Each gentle sway and twirl revealed the purity of her soul and the grace of her spirit. The gentle breeze ruffled his dark curls as he marveled at the beauty of the moment, feeling an unfamiliar warmth spreading through his being as he watched her in perfect harmony with the music.

As Aanya twirled to the edge of the courtyard, her laughter resonating through the air, her foot slipped on the polished surface. Before she could register the impending fall, Karna swiftly moved forward, reaching out to catch her hand just in time. Their eyes met in a fleeting moment of surprise and gratitude. "Are you okay?" Karna asked, concern lacing his deep voice as he steadied her gently. Aanya nodded, her breathing uneven due to the sudden swift movement. "I-I'm fine, thank you," she stammered, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment as she regained her balance, her hand lingering in his for a brief, fleeting moment.

Karna's unwavering gaze held hers, a myriad of unspoken sentiments shimmering in the depths of his eyes, before releasing her hand with a gentle reassurance. "Thank you, Angraj," Aanya said, her voice filled with genuine gratitude and a warm smile. "You should be more careful next time," he said softly, a playful glint in his eyes.

"I was careful," Aanya responded defensively, her playful tone echoing through the courtyard. "It's just that the floor is so slippery."

Karna chuckled, "I think you need to practice your 'carefulness' a bit more, Aanya," he said playfully, his eyes twinkling with amusement and affection.

"I was," Aanya replied, a mischievous glint in her eye as she flashed Karna a sassy smile, "By the way, what are you doing here?" Her tone was filled with curiosity and a hint of playful suspicion, as she raised her brows inquisitively.

Karna stammered nervously, his cheeks flushing slightly as he tried to come up with an answer to her question, "I... I was just passing by." His voice was hesitant, reflecting his attempt to hide something.

Aanya looked at him with a teasing smirk, her eyes filled with playful skepticism. "Are you lying?" she pressed, her voice light and cheerful.

"No," Karna quickly replied, his voice slightly defensive as he tried to convince her.

"Yes, you are. You stammered," Aanya insisted, her tone light and jovial as she teased him.

"No, Aanya," Karna said, his voice gentle and reassuring, trying to ease the teasing atmosphere.

"Hmm," Aanya nodded thoughtfully, then turned around and undid her ghungroo, she raised  her brows curiously when he stared at her.

"What's wrong?" She asked him, her voice sweet and curious, her eyes filled with warmth.

Karna shook his head and averted his eyes, a hint of shyness and uncertainty in his demeanor as he struggled to find the right words. His emotions were a mix of fondness and nervousness.