Forty Five

-𝓦𝓱𝓲𝓼𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓕𝓪𝓽𝓮-

"Ah, I've got to do something about this Jayadrath," Aanya muttered to herself while happily munching on her chocolate. She wished she could just eat chocolate all day to fuel her mind and take over the world with her ideas.

She plopped down in her cozy little nook, lost in her thoughts, her face transforming with every idea, as if she were playing a game of emotional charades. Her eyes twinkled like tiny stars as she pondered different strategies, her imagination running wild like a squirrel on a sugar rush.

"What if I mix poison in the chocolate and feed it to him?" she clicked her tongue. "He won't even drink water from my hands," she muttered, imagining the dramatic scenario and giggling at the thought of her vengeance.

"Kanha, you tell me something," Aanya sighed, looking at the sky as if seeking advice from the clouds and hoping for a sprinkle of wisdom.

"What mischief are you up to now, Aanya?" Arjun sat down next to Aanya, a mischievous glint in his eyes as he tried to suppress a grin at her startled expression.

Feigning innocence, Aanya shot him a mock offended look, "Trouble? Me? I'll have you know that I'm currently embroiled in a very delicate situation," she declared with an exaggerated eye roll.

Arjun raised an eyebrow with skepticism, "a delicate situation?"

Aanya nodded emphatically, "Yes, I'm brainstorming strategies for dealing with Jayadrath, plotting like a mastermind but with a touch of mischief."

"Ah, so you've decided to dive into trouble headfirst," Arjun teased as he pretended to weigh the pros and cons of joining her in her escapade.

With a sly smile, Aanya retorted, "It's fine, you'll be there to come to my rescue, won't you?" with a wink, knowing that Arjun would always be her knight in shining armor.

Arjun chuckled and replied, "Hmm, I'll have to weigh the pros and cons of safeguarding you, won't I?" with a twinkle in his eye.

"Haww," Aanya glared at him, but the corners of her lips betrayed a smile.

"Just pulling your leg," Arjun laughed, his sound of his chuckle filling the air.

"I know," Aanya affirmed before taking a bite of her chocolate.

Arjun gave her a quizzical look and pointed to her hands, asking, "Do you have a habit of eating mud?" with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Aanya gasped with wide eyes, "Mud?" Arjun gestured toward her hands, amusement evident in his expression.

Clapping her hand to her forehead, Aanya exclaimed, "Oh, my goodness! How could you forget? I had you try it back in Vidarbha."

Trying to recall, Arjun frowned, "That bitter stuff?"

"That was dark chocolate," Aanya corrected, further muddling Arjun's memory. "Care for a taste? It's not bitter," She offered with a grin.

Arjun adamantly shook his head. With an exaggerated sigh, Aanya shrugged her shoulders.

"Are you sure?" Aanya asked him, wiggling her brows.

"Yes," Arjun said. "I can still imagine that bitter taste in my mouth from the last time," his playful teasing evident in his voice.

"Maine apko kal karela khate hue dekha tha, usse toh acha hi tha," Aanya huffed, making a grimacing face remembering the bitter taste of karela.

Aanya's eyes widened as he held her hand, and she looked in shock as he took a bite. She gasped, "You were not supposed to eat this one."