5. 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗽 𝗱𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗶𝗻

DANCING WITH OUR HANDS TIED

3x05 𖦹𖦹𖦹 Frayed

"Isaac, sweetheart, we are not kicking you out. Deucalion and his pack could've killed Derek and Cora and he won't stop until he can get Derek to kill you and Boyd. So it's safer right now for you not to be at the loft" Maddie said.

"I get that. But why can't I just stay with Scott" Isaac whined.

Maddie sighed as she rang the doorbell. "Because other than Derek, Tristan and Willow are the two people on this planet that I trust with my life," she told him. "Well other than Lydia and my mom but that'd probably be really weird."

Willow smiled as she opened the door, letting them in. "Hey, Isaac. You can stay in the guest room, last door on the right. Bathroom's right across the hall" Willow smiled.

Isaac nodded, an obvious pout on his face as he walked off.

"Okay so remember, you have to wake him up for school, or else he won't be up in time to eat breakfast and then he gets all moody" Maddie said, turning to Willow.

"Aw, you look at you being all maternal" Willow teased.

"Shut up. I am not maternal, that makes me sound old. Oh, and do not let Tristan give him a beer. He may be a cop but he's still an idiot" Maddie said.

"We are not going to give a teenager alcohol, jeez. Who do you think we are?" Willow asked.

"The same people who brought wine coolers to my sister's sixteenth birthday dinner," Maddie said.

"For the hundredth time, we didn't read the label properly! It just looked like fancy juice!"

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"What are you doing?" Derek asked as he walked into the loft.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm trying and failing to get blood out of my very expensive Ernesta rug" Maddie said, continuing to scrub at the stain.

"You know we can have it professionally cleaned," he told her.

"And what are you gonna tell them when they ask why there's like a gallon of blood staining the carpet?" she asked.

"I figured we'd pay 'em enough to not ask questions" Derek shrugged.

"You're not funny" Maddie grumbled as she continued to scrub harder.

"Maddie" Derek sighed as he sat down next to her but she ignored him as she continued cleaning.

"Maddie" he tried again but when he saw her duck her head down and sniffled he took the brush from her and held her wrist.

"Will you please look at me?" he asked but Maddie stayed silent as she wiped a tear from her face. "Maddie-"

"I'm cleaning blood out of the carpet" she mumbled.