9. 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗲𝗱

DANCING WITH OUR HANDS TIED

3x10-3x11 𖦹𖦹𖦹The Overlooked + Alpha Pact

Scott and Peter ran out to distract the twins while Maddie, Stiles, and Derek, who grabbed Cora, and Jennifer, made their way down to the basement.

"It's still here," Stiles shouted. He opened the doors to the ambulance and helped Derek place Cora inside.

"Derek. Over here" Jennifer called. Maddie and Derek looked at each other before they walked over to see what she was looking at.

"Shit" Maddie cursed as the bloody and dead body of the EMT lay on the ground.

They all looked up as they heard a voice in the distance. "Julia" they called out.

Kali stepped out from in front of the ambulance, the keys around her finger. "It is you," she said.

Jennifer stepped behind Maddie and Derek. "You can't beat her," she said.

"That's why we're gonna run," Derek said.

"What?" Maddie asked but as Kali growled at them he grabbed her hand and all three ran back inside the hospital.

"The elevator!" Jennifer shouted and ran in. Maddie followed behind her as Derek pushed a gurney toward Kali before running inside.

They leaned back against the wall, out of breath as the doors closed right before she could get to them.

Before long the lights started flickering and the elevator halted to a stop. Maddie groaned as the lights turned off and the emergency ones kicked on.

She slumped down to the ground, painfully clutching her side. Smelling the blood coming from her wound Derek pushed open the doors but realized they were in-between floors and wouldn't fit in the small gap they did have.

He looked up at the ceiling wondering if they could fit through there.

"If you're thinking service hatch, they bolt from the outside, so you'd have to break it. All you'd end up doing is creating a lot of noise telling them exactly where we are" Jennifer said.

"Kali already knows," Maddie grunted.

"Not necessarily. She saw that we got in but she might not know that we didn't get out" she said.

"Well if I get through then we can go to another floor," Derek said.

"Or you'd end up fighting them in an elevator shaft. And with her injury they'd rip my head off before you had a chance to throw a punch" she said.

"That doesn't seem like a very bad idea," Maddie sighed.

"Someone needs to get the backup generator running again," Derek said, pulling out his phone to text Scott.