8. 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗹𝗲𝘁𝗼𝗲

DANCING WITH OUR HANDS TIED

3x09-3x10 𖦹𖦹𖦹 The Girl Who Knew Too Much + The Overlooked

"Why would I give you the crystal?" Chris asked.

"Because I'm asking nicely" Maddie shrugged but Chris didn't budge, just staring blankly at her.

"Okay fine. Maybe because you owe me after your bitch of a sister tricked me to kill my boyfriend's family" she said.

"You really haven't changed since you were a teenager," he said.

"Yeah, I decided to stay the same for continuity purposes. Are you going to give me the crystal or not?" she asked.

"You really think you can defeat Deucalion with it?" he asked.

"I think we have a better shot than you and your trick arrows," she said, rolling her eyes as he glared at her. "Sorry. It's been a trying past few days."

"I've heard. I'm sorry about Boyd" he said.

"Thanks. So now you get why we need this crystal. We need anything that even gives us a remote chance" she told him him.

With her phone buzzing in her pocket she pulled it out and seeing it was Derek calling she pressed it to her ear.

"Hey, I'm with Argent now," she said.

"You need to get to the hospital. Something's wrong with Cora" Derek said.

"What? What happened?" she asked.

"I don't know. Stiles only told me she passed out and she's...Maddie, she's throwing up black blood" he said.

"I'm on my way."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

When Maddie arrived at the hospital she got a frantic call from Lydia. "Where are you?" she asked.

"The hospital. Why?" Maddie asked.

"The next group. It's philosophers as in teachers. The Darach already killed two of them. Scott and Stiles think the third one will be at the recital tonight" she said.

"Okay. I have to check on Cora first and then I'll meet you at school" she said, hanging up as she walked into Cora's room, Derek already there holding onto her hand.

She had a bandage wrapped around her head and machines plugged into her arm. "Hey. What happened? Did they say anything?" Maddie asked.

"Only that she's stable for now but they don't know what's wrong," he said, clutching his sister's hand.

"Derek?" Cora asked, her voice weak.

"Hey. I'm here" he said.

"What's happening to me?" she asked.