16. 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗼𝘀 𝗺𝗮𝗴𝗶𝗰

DANCING WITH OUR HANDS TIED

3x18 𖦹𖦹𖦹 Riddled

Everything was dark. For a moment Maddie couldn't tell if she was sitting or standing.

But recognizing the cold cement beneath her she pushed herself up and rose to her feet.

Looking around, it took a moment for her eyes to adjust to the darkness. Eventually, she could make out that she was in some sort of basement.

"Hello?" she called out as she took a hesitant step forward.

Suddenly she froze, the hair on the back of her neck standing up. Maddie didn't turn around but she knew someone was standing behind her.

"Chaos magic."

Whoever it was, its voice was cracked and slurred. They spoke slowly as if trying to make themselves sound creepier.

"What?" she asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Chaos magic" the voice drawled out again. This time Maddie looked down as a bandaged hand rested on her shoulder.

Jumping in shock she quickly turned around and faced the person behind her.

Seeing its face, completely covered in bandages, teeth blacked out and cracked, Maddie screamed at the sight.

Trying to run away she ended up shooting straight up, not realizing she was still in bed.

Hearing her scream, Derek shot up, greeted by Maddie screaming as she sat straight up, thrashing around in the sheets.

"Maddie!" Derek exclaimed, grabbing her arms but she only squirmed around more.

"Maddie! It's me! It's Derek!" he shouted, wrapping his arms tightly around her, and pulling her into his chest.

Hearing his voice she stopped screaming and fighting back, her breathing heavy and shaky.

"Derek?" she asked, looking around to make sure she was still in her bedroom.

"It's me. I'm here. You're okay" he said, running a hand through her hair as she tried to calm down. "It was just a bad dream."

Maddie nodded, resting her head against his chest as she tried to forget about whatever just happened.

Hearing someone walk over they looked up to see Isaac walking toward them, stopping at their bedroom door.

"You okay?" he asked, looking at Maddie.

She nodded, giving him a small smile. "Yeah, just a bad dream. Sorry I woke you up" she said.

"Uh, no. No you didn't" Isaac said as Derek noticed he was holding his phone.

"What happened?" Derek asked.

"Um. It's Stiles" Isaac said. "Scott thinks he's missing."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───