6. 𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗸

DANCING WITH OUR HANDS TIED

3x05-3x06 𖦹𖦹𖦹 Frayed + Motel California

"So what the hell does this mean? Where is he?" Maddie asked, looking down at the escalator where she expected to find Derek's body, but now it was gone.

"I don't know. This blood is fresh" Cora said, as she looked around.

Hearing a noise in the background they both turned around, thinking Deucalion or someone was back but relaxed when they saw Peter.

"It's just me, your uncle, Uncle Peter," he said, looking at Cora, and Maddie couldn't help but roll her eyes.

"Uncle Peter who killed sister Laura" Cora scoffed.

"Mm, not my finest hour, no. But I'm hardly the only dysfunctional family member. You know Derek and Madelyn once killed me too. Set me on fire then slashed my throat, ear to ear" Peter said.

"And still, here you are. Beacon Hill's very own Michael Myers" Maddie sighed.

"What are you doing here?" Cora asked him.

"Same as you, wondering where his body went. If he was carried out or maybe he found enough strength to push himself up off the floor and walk out, leaving the three of us standing here to answer the all-important question" Peter said.

"Where is he?"

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay?" Lydia asked.

"No, you should go. With three werewolves going on this trip, they're gonna need someone to keep an eye on them" Maddie said. "Plus, Stiles, whose a hazard all on his own."

With no sign of Derek all night, Maddie and everyone else only grew more concerned.

But with the lacrosse and track teams going on a trip, the teens couldn't put their lives on hold. They had to go to school. And Lydia and Allison were going to make sure everyone was okay.

"Well, five werewolves considering Ethan and Aiden are going" Lydia pointed out.

"Right. Just make sure you stick with Scott, Isaac, and Boyd" Maddie told her.

"I thought you didn't like Scott?" Lydia asked.

"I never said that. I like him. I just think he can be a self-righteous little shit sometimes. But because of that, I know he won't let anything happen to you" Maddie said.

"Okay, I gotta go. Call me when you find Derek" Lydia said.

"I will. And call me if you need anything" Maddie said, hanging up the phone.