21. 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴

DANCING WITH OUR HANDS TIED

3x24 𖦹𖦹𖦹 The Divine Move

Maddie rushed into the sheriff's station, pulling Lydia into her arms. "I'm so sorry," Maddie said as Lydia cried into her shoulder. "Mom's on her way."

Lydia sniffed as she pulled back. "You said...you said history would repeat itself. That you lost your friend and I-"

"No. Lydia don't do that. Okay, I didn't know. And it wasn't me, I-"

"I know" Lydia mumbled as their mom walked in.

"Oh my god. Lydia, honey. What happened?" Natalie asked, rushing over to them.

"I don't know. It all happened so fast" Lydia mumbled.

"Maybe you should get her home," Maddie said. Natalie nodded, wrapping an arm around Lydia as she led her out.

"She'll be okay" Derek said, walking over to her.

"God, I hope so. I can't believe I said that to her. All that stuff about history repeating. I mean I know it wasn't me but...I just hate that she had to hear it" Maddie said.

"She won't hold it against you. She lost her best friend. She just needs some time" Derek said.

"Hey," Tristan said, walking over. "We, uh, we just talked to Isaac. He's free to go but the sheriff doesn't wanna send him off alone so-"

"He's not alone," Maddie said. "He's coming with us."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Maddie sighed, sitting next to Isaac in his room, not really knowing what to say.

"I would say I'm sorry, because I really am, but you look like that's the last thing you need to hear right now," she said.

Isaac just shrugged. "It's okay."

"It's not. I never, ever, wanted to hurt you and I hate that I did. And Allison...I know you were close" she said.

"I still can't believe she's gone. It feels like a nightmare" he said.

"I know that...I know that there's nothing I can really say that'll make that feeling go away but Isaac, you have to know that you're not alone. I'm here if you want to talk and so is Derek. I mean he's more of a listener but he's really good at it. And I can make you some tea if you-"

"Thank you. But I...I really just want to be alone" he said.

"Okay. Well, I'll be downstairs cauterizing the twins' wounds if you change your mind" she said as she stood up. "And I really am sorry, Isaac."

When she got downstairs, Derek was waiting for her. "How is he?" he asked.

"Heartbroken" she sighed. "I feel awful."