18. 𝗰𝗮𝗹𝗰𝘂𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱

DANCING WITH OUR HANDS TIED

3x20+3x21𖦹𖦹𖦹 Echo House+The Fox and the Wolf

"You know. Eventually, you're going to have to let me out to pee" Maddie said, still struggling to break free from her constraints.

"You can hold it," Derek said.

"What if I get hungry?" she asked.

"We'll spoon-feed you," he said.

"You know that's not very nice Derek. I thought you loved me" she said, a smirk on her face.

Not being able to stomach hearing the words come out of her mouth knowing it wasn't her speaking, he stood up and walked back into the living room.

"Where's Kira?" he asked.

"She's doing as much research as she can. She thinks her mom knows more than she's letting on but she's not getting anything from her" Lydia said.

"Then we need to go talk to her mom," he said.

"If she's not talking to her own daughter then why would she talk to you?" Willow asked.

"Because I'm going to make her. I know there's something I could be doing to help Maddie but I don't know what and I can't just sit here and do nothing" he said.

"I know. And you're right but we need a really good plan. What about all those books your mom had? Like the one she gave Maddie about fairies? Do you still have some of them?" Willow asked.

"Whatever didn't burn. They're all in Maddie's office" he said.

"Okay then we'll go there, go through them, and hope and pray that we find something useful," Willow said.

"I'll stay here and watch her," Lydia said.

"No," Derek said, shaking his head. "It's too dangerous."

"She doesn't have access to her magic and is strapped to a chair," Lydia said.

"You saw what she did to Isaac. She'd kill me if I let anything happen to you" he said.

"Nothing will happen," Lydia said. "Now you two go and find a way to help my sister."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Anything?" Derek asked.

"Not in this one. But we still have a whole pile to go through" Willow told him.

Derek didn't say anything as he opened another book but Willow could see the frustrated look in his eye and swore he was close to tears.

"Did I ever tell you how I first met Maddie?" she asked. Derek only glanced at her before shaking her head.