15. 𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗸 𝘀𝗽𝗶𝗿𝗶𝘁

DANCING WITH OUR HANDS TIED

3x16 + 3x17 𖦹𖦹𖦹 Illuminated + Silverfinger

"Derek, please" Maddie begged.

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because we're not children," he said as she rolled her eyes.

"I'm not asking you to go trick or treating. Just out to a bar with our two closest friends to celebrate my favorite holiday of the year" she said.

"I thought that was your birthday," he said.

"Okay, fine second favorite holiday," she said.

"It's still no. Your powers are still all over the place. Until we figure out how to fix it, you need to stay home" he said.

"My powers are fine. I feel fine. Honestly, I think the door might've just closed itself," she shrugged.

"Oh, really? So you just really hate that spoon?" he asked, gesturing to the metal slowly bending out of shape as she held it.

Dropping it, Maddie brushed her hands on her jeans. "That was a fluke," she said.

"Sure it was" he laughed.

Maddie groaned before she flopped onto the couch. "Derek, I can't just stay home forever. What if I never figure out how to close it and I'm just stuck like this forever?"

"You won't be. We'll figure out what to do" he said sitting next to her, pulling her legs over his lap. "In the meantime, we'll stay here, watch scary movies and eat all the candy we want."

"We don't have any candy" she reminded him.

"We'll go to the store then," he said.

"Fine. But we need to stop at my moms first. She's going subbing for one of the classes at the school and wants to borrow my shoes."

"Okay. Then we can have a quiet night in" he said. "Just you and me."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"This is a ridiculous amount of candy," Derek said as they pulled back up to the loft.

"Well what'd you expect? It's Halloween and if we can't go out and get drunk the least we can do is get a sugar high" Maddie said as they both hopped out of the car.