17. 𝗽𝗼𝘀𝘀𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗱

DANCING WITH OUR HANDS TIED

3x19 + 3x20𖦹𖦹𖦹 Letharia Vulpina + Echo House

Maddie stood on the rooftop with Stiles. Looking down at Kira below.

"What are you waiting for?" Stiles asked.

"Not her. It has to be someone special" Maddie said. Seeing a car pull up she smiled as Allison and Isaac stepped out.

"There they are," she said. Soon someone down below screamed out as a bush nearby caught fire. The flame traveled quickly in a direct path, zooming through the parking lot.

Derek and Scott came running out watching in horror as people moved away from the flame.

"Isaac!" Derek shouted as the flame wrapped around him in a circle.

Isaac screamed as the flames whipped at his face, the heat almost unbearable.

"Are you going to kill him?" Stiles asked.

"No. They'll get him out" she said, hearing the sirens in the distance. "If they hurry."

"Then we should get out of here. Her boyfriend will suspect it was her" he said.

Maddie nodded, following him as they walked away.

Derek could only watch in horror as Isaac screamed from the pain. The fire truck quickly showed up but by the time they put out the fire, Isaac was unconscious, burns running up and down the side of his face.

"Derek. Where's Maddie?" Scott asked.

"What?"

Scott was silent, hoping he could understand what he was getting at.

"No. She didn't do this. She'd never hurt Isaac" Derek told him.

"Then where is she?" Scott asked.

"This wasn't her, Scott. The Oni tested her. It's Stiles, we know that" he said.

"Derek. If this wasn't her, then where is she?" Scott asked.

"She never closed the door" Derek sighed, knowing that she definitely wasn't the Nogitsune but something was definitely wrong.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"She texted me right before the fire to look up chaos magic," Willow said. "Everything I've seen just ties back to the dragon flame."