14

"YOU DON'T BELONG HERE ESE!"

"Amila is my best friend, you don't get to decide who's allowed in here, man"

"OH YEAH! WHERE WERE YOU THIS PAST FOUR DAYS HUH? WHERE WERE YOU?!"

Amila had groggily woken to loud angry shouts and turned her head slowly to see Marcos was all up in Luca's face. Shorty tried to pull back Marcos while Street tried to keep Luca and Marcos apart.
She frowned,
"What's going on?", she hoarsely asked.
Marcos and Luca turned their heads to look at her, Luca walked right past an angry Marcos, he grabbed her hand giving it a small squeeze,
"Hey Mils, we tried to come but we had a lot going on", he said.
Amila leaned her head back,
"Did you...did you get Rosario back", she coughed.
Luca along with Street gave her a soft look,
"Yeah, Mils. She's home safe. Thanks to Marcos actually", he replied.

Amila glanced at Marcos, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed, face casted to the floor,
"What about the shooter? Everything so fuzzy"; she mumbled.
Luca sighed,
"You've been here a few days, Mils. We got him and we got the crew too, so don't worry about him, okay?", he tells her.
Amila exhaled slowly closing her eyes, sleep calling to her.

Marcos shifted his gaze to Shorty, motioning for him to stay beside Amila. He leaned down kissing her cheek,
"I'll be back Hermosa", he softly says. Luca stood up stopping him,
"Hey, where you going?", he asked which Marcos eyed him from head to toe,
"Why don't you mind your business?", he snapped.
Shorty had enough of their back and forth banters,
"Okay, ENOUGH! The both of you need to chill out. Amila won't like the both of you being like this to each other....so for today please, cut the crap and at least be cool. For Amila's sake", he snapped looking between the trio.
Marcos looked away as Shorty turned to him,
"Stay with Amila. I'll go back to the house and get some extra clothes for the both of you since I know Amila likes to wear your clothes", he tells his brother before leaving the room.
Marcos sighed pulling the chair and dragging it besides Amila's bed, leaning his head down on his forearm. Ignoring the other two in the room.

✨✨✨✨ ✨✨✨✨

Amila had been in and out of consciousness for two days now which the doctors say it's her bodies way of telling her she's catching up on some well needed rest. Marcos called bs but no matter what he watched over her. Both Street and Luca were called into work couple days ago and Marcos hasn't seen them since. He was pissed at them as well her family who didn't want anything to do with her. He was hoping to have caught them, he'd have bashed their skulls in for disowning her the way they did.
"What you thinking about?", he turned to Amila who slowly walked out of the restroom dressed fully in his clothes. He eyed her from head to toe, his abuela was right she was the most beautiful girl in the world,
"You!", Marcos stated pausing as she walked up to him. She wrapped her arms around his waist,
"Me, huh?", she mumbled leaning up, she kissed the stubble on his cheek. Marcos grunted leaning down he captured her lips; a throat cleared, pulling apart they see Shorty walk-in,
"Hey Short Stack", she teased as he hugged her being careful of her left side. He smirked walking up beside his brother, giving a fist bump,
"Heads up... I saw Luca and Street", he said seeing his brother nod.

"Hey Mils", she turned to see Luca and Street walk in.
Amila turned away taking a seat on the hospital bed,
"I tried calling both of you, even texted. None of you responded. Hell not even Hondo", she said slowly bending but Marcos kneeled down to help her put the socks on.
Luca cleared his throat,
"I know, Amila. I'm so sorry. We've been so busy and I'm so sorry", he apologized walking up to her.
Amila turns to Luca,
"Your my best friend and I love you...but I need space. I can't tell you for how long, I just do", she softly says, standing up slowly.
Luca frowned at her, stepping up to her,
"Amila, please...."