27

Amila stared Hicks down as Hondo pitched the idea of going through with Marcos's deal with Rebeldes Centrales. But Hicks was not going for it.
"No...no way in hell", Hick denied tossing a file on his desk.
Hondo eased in,
"Commander, this is our best option right now", he says as Amila impatiently waited to hear the okay with the plan.

"You're asking me to let you piggyback on Marcos for the trade, the same guy who just pulled the wool over our eyes?", he looked between the two, "do I really have to break it down for you two? And Amila, this isn't really a good look for you!", Hicks sassed at her.
Hondo cut-in before Maila could retort,
"Sir, with Marcos going in, there's no way Ignacio's men will ever see us coming...we get Jenni Moreno back, and then we take them down. Marcos will be under our thumb the entire time", he explained simply.

"He's a wild card. There's too many unknown variables", Hicks stressed.
Amila stepped up,
"I'll be with him the entire time", she states.

Hicks frowned,
"You mean undercover?"

"It wouldn't exactly be my first rodeo, commander", Amila scoffs, looking him in the eyes.
Hicks raised a hand,
"Except in those situations, we know exactly who our allies and our enemies were", he retorts.
Amila scoffed,
"You know what? No disrespect, commander...but I trust Marcos and I believe what he was doing was to bring Jenni back home safe. I get it...he made a stupid choice with how he was going about it. But, it could bring Jenni home...and, I'll do this op with or without you", she stood her ground firmly.
Hicks and Hondo both were bewildered at her statement,
"Amila...", but Hicks stopped Hondo, "you'd risk your badge for this man", he questioned.

Amila stared Hicks down hard,
"I'd risk my life for him!"

"Commander...", Hondo cuts in gaining Hicks attention, "I get you concerns, I do. I just can't see this going down any other way that doesn't tip off the Rebeldes Centrales...we've taken them down twice now. Their defenses are way up. Marcos is our only way in, and the girls only chance at survival", he finished.

Hicks sighed hands on his waist debating the options,
"And I'm sure this cooperation comes with a cost. Look, let me guess. We drop the charges against him?", he sassed.

Amila leaned on the commanders desk,
"Please", she desperately says.
Hicks could see how much this meant to Amila, he had no choice, he had to do the right thing for her,
"I'll alert the agencies to stay clear of the sting", he finally agreed.
Amila exhaled,
"Thank you Commander", she meant it.

Hondo and Amila walked towards the door but Hicks spoke up,
"If you screw this up....", he paused remembering what Amila told him, "I...", he stuttered, "so don't screw it up".
Amila looked at Hondo before they walked out.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Hicks along with Hondo, Deacon, Tan, Chris, Luca and Stret all strut out of HQ together. They were dressed in regular civilian clothes,
"Units are on standby within a mile radius of the marina. Now, the place is gonna be crawling with Saturday shoppers, so let's get in and out without any civilian getting hurt", Hicks explained to the whole squad.

"Ignacio's dudes wanted to do the exchange in public. My guess, they don't want this going sideway," Luca spoke up nervously with his hands in his hoodie jacket.
"But still, the area surrounding the marina is tight and dense. Too many exits. Too many hiding spots", Hicks was worried yet not too thrilled with what was about to go down.
Deacon looked over at the commander, "our eyes and ears won't leave the ground once", he firmly stated.
"Or Amila", Hicks cut-in, "each and every one of you better have her six...at all times", he looked at each and every team member of 20-David.