009: Some love and happiness

|Alysanne Valentine|

Compared to Diavolo who is rather reckless and chaotic. Azarov is composed and reserved, normally I wouldn't bother with my chances since men like him tend to go for women on the same calibre. But I couldn't help myself, he is like a flame that I don't want to put out. Deep down I am fighting a losing battle, having my emotions fester to the point of heart break. But Azarov is like no one I have ever met, the intellect and emotions he feels is incomparable.

Truly a diamond that I know I am unworthy of.

On a less sombre note Jaevry and Akiro have formed a friendship, it is not surprising since the contrast in their personalities render them perfectly compatible. Although Jaevry has no problem with social interaction, all the girls love him but the men are the most sceptical and I rather my best friend not be thrown into the lion's den. Plus they are rather territorial of the women, irrespective if they are in a relationship or not.

Uncle Ice ensured we were protected with additional security for the extra days. He is not cold-hearted despite what others have assumed about him, he recognizes the bond between a father and daughter and felt it was necessary to stay after her birthday. The conversation about Azarov had not come up but I suspect he already has an idea of our past.

Currently, there is about five different models of cars tailing us. They are my uncle's men and I suspect that Azarov caught on the moment we landed.

Jaevry and Akiro have gained a knack for interrupting us at all the wrong times. I believe they are quite aware of their actions and sometimes I question whether I am grateful for the disturbance or pissed for the intrusion. Azarov and I have had slim encounters that wouldn't enable one to give it a second thought but I found those moments to be rather intense and spine-chilling. Each encounter feels like he breaks a piece of my heart and devours it for himself. He chose to share his personal interests with me regarding art and poetry, it gives me a glimpse into his mind and a bit of his heart.

And I am not ashamed to admit that I'm addicted.

Concentration and discipline are my strong suits but lately I have no control over either. Each moment is consumed with the thought of Azarov, more than before. He holds adoration for unknown artists and lts quite beautiful to see his mind surpass the depths of the artist and uncover the true emotions they convey on a canvas. He is so raw and compelling, exquisite and rare that I fear If 1 blink he would become a figment of my imagination.

Two years did nothing but overthrow my thoughts of a man I could never have. He has the power to completely own my heart and squeeze the life out of it at the same time. All the darkness inside of me will taint his kind heart and I refuse to let that happen.

Wallowing in my own sadness is not an option with these two, Jaevry needs a bit of reassurance when it comes to new people, especially since the guys will probably never mind, let's just see how everything plays out.

It's quite enduring to watch Jaevry edge for a sort of encouragement, usually he would turn to me for that sort of comfort but even more surprising is that he turned to Azarov.

His silver - blue orbs mirrored a precious doll as they filled with curiosity.

"Do you think they'll like me?"

Clearly, Azarov did not expect that sort of question to be directed towards him. I don't think I am the best person to ask for advice.
Masking my laughter through my palm as I watched Azarov expression morph into shock, Akiro following behind. The time I have spent with Azarov could not compare to the years Akiro and him have been frlends.

One thing is perfectly clear; Azarov is the glue that holds the family together. Diavolo might rule the kingdom but without Azarov, there would not be a kingdom to rule. Azarov downplays his role to a mere insect but he is the structure of the castle and he doesn't give himself the recognition he deserves. It's breaks my heart that many don't acknowledge his importance to the family and even more torturous that Azarov himself won't acknowledge it.