036: Today, tomorrow, forever

|Azarov Iatova|

The ache in my heart couldn't subside, studying every detail of her bruised face. The stitches that were prominent upon her forehead and the thin white plaster across her slender nose. Her porcelain skin coloured in purple and pink. I couldn't contain my emotions, drawing circles upon our intertwined hand.

Alysanne is a warrior, an angel that protects the people she loves and that is what she did last night. Even battered with bruises and suffering through the pain she felt in her bones, Alysanne made Rebecca pay with her life.

The bile rose as I recall the events, Alysanne's eyes rolling back into her head like a horror film, almost colliding with the ground if I didn't catch her time. Her weight nearing a feather, she didn't respond and we had to get her to the hospital.

That's where we have been for the past five hours, the sun rose illuminating her delicate features. Everyone is in the hospital but Isadora kicked them out of the room, providing me privacy with Angel until she awakes. I am grateful because I couldn't speak, the words cutting short of my tongue.

The doctor took a sample of her blood for testing, provided an IV drip and concluded that we wait for the results and give her some rest.

All the agony washing over me, plaguing my mind with sorrowful thoughts. I couldn't afford to break in this moment, Angel will be fine because I would trade my life God just for him to make better.

I'm not a believer in a higher power but in this moment, I prayed with everything I have.

That's when I feel her pulse jump, her fingers twitch. Every cell in my body jolts as I watch her slowly open her eyes. The honey orbs drizzling over the splotches of gold. Her left eye is slightly swollen but she opened her eyes and my heart started to beat rapidly.

Angel attempts to sit up, I aid her and sh points to her throat. I figured the dry texture is irritating her therefore I pour her a glass of water, holding the rim to her dry lips. Tipping back ever so slightly until she felt satisfied.

"Better?"

"Thank you, handsome." Her throaty voice indicating the much needed glass of water.

Relief flowed through my soul, ecstatic that she was awake. "How are you feeling, angel?" kissing the palm of her hand.

"Just tired," the exhaustion is evident in her voice.

"What happened?" She questioned through her groggy state.

Encasing her petite hand in both of mines, "You fainted."

Irritation clouded her expression, even through the bruises. "Again?"

"This happened before?"

She shakes her head slightly, "I just felt tired and drained when I was there, always fighting off the blackouts."

My heart squeezed, the image of Alysanne tied to a chair made my blood boil all over again, rage consuming my heart.

Instead, a knock resonated, the doctor awaiting to be invited into the room.

"Mr. Iatova. I see Miss Valentine is finally awake," she smiled.