029: I lick it so it's mine

|Alysanne Valentine|

"Why are you crying?" Azarov asks.

There isn't anything I can put past him. However, I am not ashamed for crying because of Sinnius' departure. I won't lie to Azarov, I won't be Rebecca and pin them against each other for my fucked up satisfaction.

Azarov is seated in the leather chair. The fire illuminating the room with a honeyed glow that highlights only the both of us as 1take a seat opposite him. The warmth wrapping around us or maybe that's the tension.

"He left." I reply.

Those eyes are murderous as they trail upon my body, a mixture of raw anger and desperation. I hold his gaze and it's a battle, silent and deadly. Azarov cuts off contact and instead focuses on the fire. Taking a sip of his whiskey every five seconds, controlling his pace yet in dire need of the alcohol.

"So you cried because he left?" He grits.

This man is intimidating, powerful and can strike fear into anyone without laying a finger on them. However I wasn't one of those people.

I nod, "Yes."

His jaw clenched, the vein in his neck pulsating to the point that I wonder if it will pop. "Unbelievable. He managed to sleep with my wife years ago and now he tricks the only woman I have ever loved into falling for him."

There are no boundaries I wouldn't cross for Azarov. While I am bonded to Sinnius, it is not romantic in the way that Azarov perceives. I understand his grievances, the betrayal he experienced can be traumatic and bring out his insecurities. I don't blame him for being angry, if the roles were reversed; I would explode!

"Do you doubt my love for you and Cora?" I question.

"Of course not."

My words agitate him, his body straining against the fabric of his silk dress shirt. Suddenly, he throws the glass into the fireplace, tiny pieces of crystal scattering the carpet between us. His chest is rapidly rising and falling, the anger eating at his bones until he couldn't contain them anymore.

"Did you fall inlove with him because he's better than me? Because he can convey his love so easily to you? Because he doesn't have a single scar on his body? Because he can worship you in everyway that I can't? Because he is funny and much better company to be around? Because he doesn't have a child from someone else?"

In an instant I was in front of him and I felt the sting in my palm as I slapped him across the face. His face turned to the side jaw clenched and all the anger morphing Into his eyes. Gripping his chin, I directed his line of vision towards me. I wasn't calm, I am fucking fuming.

"Don't you ever fucking say that to me again. Cora is mine as much as she is yours. I love her because she's my daughter and I won't let you ever think that you can get away with saying that to me!" I yelled.

My entire body was vibrating, how dare he think that it mattered whether Corvina was mine by blood.

She is mine, my daughter, my princess.

I don't care how vulnerable he is, everything became irrelevant as soon as he said that. I've never riven him a reason to doubt my love for Corvina.

Turning around, I was going to leave until his hands grab my waist and pull me directly onto his lap. Although it feels like home, I was too angry to enjoy this moment.

"трогай меня, Азаров." trying to pry his hands off of me.

(Don't fucking touch me, Azarov)