025: Guns and cherry bombs

|Azarov Iatova|

Yesterday, my past came to haunt me. Rebecca hasn't changed, her smoky orbs downright malevolent. Our ties were severed along time ago, she chose to leave and I wasn't going to stop her, Therefore, it gives her no right to make demands to see Corvina. My Cora. Rebecca never wanted her nor any children. I distinctively remember when she found out about the pregnancy, The look of undiluted hatred in her eyes is burned in my memories. I was the only one ecstatie about having a baby.

Rebecca was infuriated with being pregnant. it hindered her partying lifestyle along with making her fat, she continued to emphasis that we would never be able to spend time alone, as if we ever did. I wasn't delusional, our problems continued to grow and a baby wasn't going to fix the damage between us. The only thing on my mind during those eight months was that this baby is apart of me and I will do everything in my power to protect her, give her a better childhood and love that I never had. All Rebecca could do was yell at me for making this mistake but not once have I ever perceived Corvina as a mistake, she is the only good thing that exists in my life, the only reason I'm not miserable, the only reason I wake up in the morning,

Obviously, I had my doubts about being father, Mines wasn't much of a parental figure but more of a torturer. What I destined the same fate? Was I destined to destroy my own child the way he did?

It's imprinted in my brain, Corvina was only a month old but she was extremely chubby and healthy. When she was born, her body was tiny because she was premature. But seeing her so healthy and staring at me with love, curiosity and adoration for someone she doesn't even know. It gave me what I always wanted—unconditional love.

Izaak's name popped onto my screen, requesting a video chat. That's out of the ordinary because he never calls me. Swiping, the image blurs for a second before slowly taking form. He was situated in his office with a blank expression that never changes.

"Mr. Iatova," he greets.

"Mr. Pierce, this is a surprise."

Suddenly, his attention is towards something under his desk. He lifted and a mass of ebony curls flowed onto the screen. Turning her around, doll-like silver eyes and adorable cheeks. Corvina was seated on his lap, chewing on a rainbow gummy worm. The sight is heartwarming and oddly strange. However I wasn't surprised, Corvina is drawn to the most intimidating people. Watching my baby munch on her sweets as she peers at Izaak with a smile. It made all my troubles evaporate.

Izaak taps her shoulder and points at the screen. When her attention shifts to me, I am greeted with a huge smile and starry eyes.

"Daddy!"

"Princess..." I smile, having my heart refill with happiness.

Corvina starts to pout, "I miss you, daddy."

"I miss you to, baby, you know I would be there if I could." I try to reassure, this distance has been killing me.

Corvina's face downcasts since she wasn't the least bit convinced with my words. She couldn't possibly think that I would abandon her. Suddenly, she coughed and sneezed, rubbing her nose after. That's when I noticed that her skin is pale, the glassiness of her eyes only occurs when she is sick.

"Cora, why don't you go play with Sebastian while I talk to your dad." Izaak suggests. Putting her onto the ground.

"Okay but you remember your promise?" She reminds.