010: Burning infatuation

Please vote or leave a comment about what you think about this story so far.

|Azarov Iatova|

Cora came out of the bathroom, dressed in her Sleeping Beauty pajamas. Tiny feet making des way towards me through the soft beige carpet. Kissing her forehead, I took a moment to admire my beautiful baby with her tired eyes staring back at me. Her small hands rubbed against them to stay awake. "Did you brush your teeth, baby?

"Daddy, I'm a big girl!" She smarty replied. Corvina is adamant with her words since her nose scrunched up at the last part.

Cute, my big girl.

She grinned, displaying her missing tooth which made me smile in adoration of how big she is getting. Picking her up, setting her against my hip as I grabbed the hair tie and brush from her white dressing table. Taking a seat on her bed, I leaned against her headboard and placed her in-between my legs. Cora's dark and glossy waves descended down her back and while I combed all her thick hair into a high pony. Cora babbled on about her day, I love when she talks to me. Turning her to face me to make sure all her strands were secured and away from her face. immediately stopped talking and her smile made my heart melt, the sparkle in her eyes are ever-growing.

Cora is the only source of my happiness, 1 can't imagine my life without her.

"Even though you are getting older, you will always be my baby."

She stood up on the bed and wrapped her arms around my neck. I felt warmth and love whenever she did this, like I was worthy of love and my baby is the only one who ever gives me that feeling, like I deserve love.

"I missed you so much, daddy. You were gone too long."

When she retracted, her lips were in a pout and sadness mixed with anger filled her eyes.

"I'm really sorry, princess... I missed you even more please forgive me."

Cora immediately started to smile, crawling until she got under her blanket.

"It's okay, you are here now and you brought Aly. I suppose I can forgive you."

Raising my brow at her. "Guess I dodged your wrath, baby."

She nodded in agreement while I tucked her into bed, securing the sides of the blanket around her. "You all comfy, baby?"

"Daddy, stop fusing!" She whined, swatting my hand away.

"Never." I say, kissing her small nose which made her laugh with an angelic sound that I love to hear.

Walking over to her bookcase filled with classic Disney stories. "Which story do you want tonight?"

When I turned towards her for the answer, Cora had on the biggest emile that automatically meant one thing.

"Beauty and the Beast!"

I laughed at her request for the millionth time, "Princess, you are not giving this story a rest."

Picking up the sleek violet coloured book, Situating, myself next to Cora, tucking her against my body. The front cover had Belle holding a rose with the ornaments to her left and the beast shadowing all of them. You could visibly see the line and dents from Cora burning a hole through this book, the only other book in a similar state is Sleeping Beauty,

"How about this, I will read this to you again if you tell me why you love this story so much." holding my pinky out for her.

She debated, tapping her chin playfally before locking her diny pinky with mine. "Deal."