034: Of brimstone and hellfire

|Azarov Iatova|

Rarely will these moments arise, where I feel utterly helpless as everything crumbles around me. Twice; the first being when Corvina arrived a month early and, second; Alysanne giving herself up to save princess.

When we got home, the living room painted in crimson but there wasn't any bodies. A shattered sliding door, broken glass coating the tiles along with pieces of a vase. Alysanne was nowhere to be found, rushing to my office I pulled up the surveillance footage. That's when I saw her, emerging from the trees and instantly killing every one of them without a hassle.

She resembled a weapon, powerful and lethal.

Alysanne's presence shifted to the lounge and those men didn't stand a chance. Her petite frame made her appear as an easy target but Angel is anything but that. She is bathed in rage, completely blank as she kills them. They didn't deserve mercy in her eyes, dropping to the ground like dead weight. Suddenly, a voice echoed from a man's phone. The robotic voice spoke as if they knew her personally, the inner mechanics of her mind.

The voice knew that she is capable of annihilating all of them therefore they brought a back-up plan. Without hesitation, Alysanne dropped the gun and surrendered. Those are her last moments as a guy from behind knocks h out and carries her body to a black van. Watching as her helpless body is thrown into the back of the van, vultures surrounding her as they drive away from my house. My blood is bolling causing my skin to ltch, the pulsing behind my eyes wouldn't subside. Acrimony consuming my lungs and wrapping around my heart with sharp knives. I couldn't help but have it destroy me because I once again failed to protect someone I love.

People say you pay for your past sins in your next life but I can't imagine what I could have done in the past to warrant this agony in the present.

I couldn't waste any more time, I can already hear everyone arriving at the house because of Diavolo and Isadora.

Calling Prince and by his stern tone, he heard what happened. "Yes, boss."

"I need you to track a license plate number," reciting the numbers for him.

It takes a maximum of three minutes before he replies, "The number plates are fake and I've checked the footage of all the cars on every camera but someone has purposely erased them after they went through a tunnel."

Fuck.

Irritation creeping into my bones as aggravation overtakes my heart and I snap, destroying everything on my desk. I'm breathing hard as I stare at the destruction I have caused, devoured by anguish.

Attempting to piece together any details I have missed. Whoever is behind this has hired professionals. Anyone can hack into the system and erase footage, if you aren't an expert like Prince then you wouldn't have noticed the two minutes of footage that is missing.

I spend the next hour watching the surveillance, analysing every detail. Nothing, everything is crafted in a way where not one clue will surface. The men who are mere pawns are dressed in black suits, a matching mask concealing their mouths which only left their eyes exposed. The robotic voice is the mastermind behind this operation, having disposables do their dirty work.

Leaving my office, I am met with everyone in my house. Katarina and Zion are the first to distract Corvina and by the events that took place, she wouldn't forget something that traumatizing. Isadora and Diavolo are screaming at their team, threatening them with death.

We tracked Alysanne's phone and it only led us to a Chinese Restaurant in the city and the tracker her uncle put in her earrings has been destroyed. They have predicted everything, this person knows every detail about Alysanne.

"Sebastian is cross-referencing all the cars that came out of the tunnel and Prince is doing the same to cars that crossed the bridge." Diavolo informs.

Isadora obtains the footage of the surrounding areas of the Chinese restaurant and we watch it. A man dressed in casual dark clothes with a matching mask and cap walks into the place. The owner of the restaurant is familiar with him since he walks to the back where the kitchen is and doesn't return. The camera doesn't extend further and there isn't any cameras near the alleyways. He must have changed his clothes or disguised himself.

"This is bullshit!" Isadora growls.

I am trying not to react negatively to all of them, I am holding myself back from completely exploding. Everything is flooding my mind; regret, anger and unease wrecking my heart. I am desperate for any clue that can lead me to her, I'm not thinking straight and the clock keeps ticking.

Eight hours have passed and we aren't any closer to finding her. The sun is rising as we pulled an all-nighter, the coffee machine on rotation. Mr. Pierce is using every connection he has and this person tampered with God's eye. That is not possible, even Prince cannot gain access to God's eye.

Suddenly, my phone beeps for the first time and the message is from an unknown number.

Unknown number: The angel never sins but her lover does.

Unknown number: He pulled her into the darkness, into his palace.

Unknown number: The angel is corrupted by her lover.

Unknown number: But where did her lover go wrong?

Unknown number: Where did he start to sin?

Unknown number: That's the place the angel is kept, trapped by the sins of her lover.

What the hell is this?

I start to type but another message comes through.

Unknown number: You have an hour, bring your family because you are going to need them to get to the angel. Come any sooner and she dies.

Who is this from?

It is cryptic and filled with orders from someone I don't know. The message is a riddle but it's poetic.

Alysanne being referred to as the angel and her lover being me. Where did it all go wrong for me? I can't remember a time when I wasn't constantly haunted by my sins, ever since birth.

No, she can't be there.

"I know where she is." I announce.

Isadora raised her brow, "Where?"

"The house I grew up in."

And the plot thickens

• • •
Please VOTE, comment and share if you liked this chapter!