035: Vicious saints

TRIGGER WARNING: this chapter contains context of abuse. Please read with caution.

|Alysanne Valentine|

I am in an abyss, a state that I keep falling deeper into but is immediately drawn back to reality by the pinch that emerged from my neck. My head feels like it weighs a ton, falling forward. Prying my eyes open, a blurry vision. I feel suspiciously energized but exhausted. The side effects of the hallucination drug feels like I've cut caffeine cold turkey.

Reliving all my sins should have been drastically traumatizing but I never regretted my actions. Those men were monsters and I saved the world from the misery they brought upon me.

Dancing with my demons wasn't traumatic, I loved every moment of their suffering.

Suddenly, I am submerged by a thick liquid, the familiar scent ingested into my body, coating my tongue and swallowing my lungs. "Wake up, you stupid bitch!"

I gasp for air, the smell and taste causing me to vomit, a mixture of stomach acid from my empty stomach. Shifting my eyes through the glossy liquid as I watch her red apple lips uproot into a vicious smile.

This bitch dumped gasoline all over me.

A laugh echoes through the silence, growing more sinister by the second as I move my head around, frantic to stop myself from fainting. The sight is amusing to her but it wasn't her who was laughing, it was me.

The thought of being burned alive should have placed me into a state of terror but I wasn't afraid, I never feared death nor the promise of pain that will come.

So, even when Rebecca calls another man to beat me up, I laugh.

The man is unnaturally muscular, probably on a bunch of steroids. "Beat her until I can't recognise her ugly face. I want to see lots of blood and hear some screams."

"Let's be clear, you will never hear me beg for mercy."

"Oh, we will see about that!" Rebecca smirks.

The first punch descended, almost cracking my jaw. The stabbing sensation continuing as he threw punch after punch. My nose broke, the pain radiating like fire all over my face. Blood coating my tongue and spilling through my lips, I can barely see clearly anymore. My head is throbbing like he cracked my skull.

But I never screamed or begged for mercy.

The pain is devouring me and I found it exhilarating, almost like a drug. I'm aware of my physical appearance, demolished to a pulp in blood and bruises.

Through blurry vision, I watch as the man shifts his stance, aiming his next punch at my stomach. Suddenly, the thunderous sound of a gunshot rings through my busted ear. The torturers eyes roll back into his head as his humongous body drops to the ground.

"SINNIUS, WHAT THE FUCK!"

Through my one good eye, I study how he tucks the gun into the behind him. Appearing in front of me, his fingers grasping delicately at my chin as he shifts my battered face from side to side, analysing the injuries. Those golden orbs darkening with rage but I yank my face out of his grasp.

Gathering the blood coating my mouth, spit onto the ground. Studying his demeanour when a wicked smile forms on my lips. "You should have let him do it, I was quite enjoying the fun."

My words weren't of interest to him, he is enraged and it was directed at one person. Sinnius' lethal footsteps boom through the room as Rebecca's eyes widen in fear.

Without even registering the action, he punches her in the stomach. She falls to the ground, vomiting a mixture of blood and food, clutching her stomach in agony. A sob carries through this room followed by screams.