031: What a plot twist you were

|Azarov Iatova|

"Never thought I would see the day that Azarov Iatova would call a meeting short." Diavolo emphasizes.

How could I waste a day at work when finally have angel and princess to myself? I never neglect work but just for one day I want to indulge in my desires.

Diavolo speaks as if he doesn't frequently cancel meetings to be with Isadora, they are quite irresponsible in that regards.

Consequences be damned, just for once I want to be selfish.

"I just want to go home."

It wasn't the house but my two girls that made it a home. I want to soak in every moment with them. They probably were having fun without me, since Cora is always ecstatic to spend time with Alysanne and vice versa. They deserve this time together.

"Alysanne and Cora, I'm happy for you." Diavolo congratulates.

I laugh at his demeanor, words like those are never shared between us therefore I understand his embarrassment. Isadora called and told Diavolo that she will be running late since her schedule is full.

The sun is slowly setting, the tangerine glow highlighting the car for one last time before completely disappearing and making space for the night. We weren't that far and while I drive, switching my headlights on. That's when I spot a light pink hue coming out of the forest, slowing down the car as I watch the tiny figure appear closer.

"Fuck." I whisper, discovering who it is.

Without hesitation I stopped the car, jumping out and practically running towards her. My heart leaping into my throat, a disease crawling through my veins.

"CORVINA!"

Her tiny figure reacts to my voice, her dolly grey eyes widening, I spot red rims which means that she has been crying none stop. Instantly picking her up before she dropped to the concrete, I hear her cry instantly, Everything in my body stiffens, this has to be a nightmare.

"Daddy!" she cries, pulling me out of my state of distress, I need to compose myself.

Her small hands cling to me, shivering from fear, I attempt to soothe her, kissing her cheek repeatedly as 1 scan her body, She had dirt all over her dress, a few light scratches across her arms and a big gash on her knee.

"You're okay, princess. Daddy's here..." securing her in my arms as she cries on my shoulder, rubbing her back to provide comfort.

Diavolo appears next to us, checking her for injurles and relaxes that they arent severe. He places a kiss on her head and calls Alysanne. The line is ringing endlessly, after the fourth try I decided to ask Corvina what happened since she has stopped shaking.

"Why were you in the forest, princess?" my voice barely audible if she wasn't near me she wouldn't have heard me but I didn't want to scare her.

My precious princess pulls back, tears coating her cheeks. Wiping them away as she tries to compose herself.

"Aly..." she whispers.

Everything inside of me ignites.

"What about Aly, baby?"

"She said bad men came to take me away from you, so she carried me into the woods. Then she gave me this and told me to run until I see a road." Corvina explains, opening her palm to the ring that Isadora gave Alysanne. She never takes that off.

My temper won't last long, I'm about to crack and tear everything into a million pieces. Every fiber in my body is fueled with rage, the urge to kill is so intense that I actually see red.