013: A hot troublemaker

|Azarov Iatova|

"We have five minutes until they break the security. Then, they're coming for us."

There is fire bursting through the honey in her eyes, swirling with something vicious under the surface. We thought we were prepared enough to avoid such an altercation but we didn't. They were after one person and by coming here. I compromised the lives of my family.

Diavolo's brows furrowed when he scanned through what I presume to be the security footage from outside the estate.

"Alysanne's right. They just broke down the gates."

Everyone is apprehensive, there wasn't enough preparation time and we aren't armed. We were naive to think that the protection of a more than dozen men would hinder them from coming in here. The nerves are settling in and with the kids here, there's even more reason not to be reckless with our decisions.

"First. We need to get the kids out of here." I instruct.

Bouncing Corvina in my arms, her small hands latched onto me while she ducker her head into my neck. My princess is uneasy, she senses the tension easily without having to figure out the true reason behind this dark cloud.

"How many cars do you have in the underground garage?" directing my question to Diavolo.

"Ten."

"Katya, Zion, Prince, Sebastian and Varvara. Get the children off the property as soon as possible. The rest of us will delay them, it will take awhile before they find the hidden base."

They all nodded before Isadora intercepted.

"Where are we going to meet up? We can't go to any properties we have listed, chances are they already know where we are going next l advise."

Isadora types something into her phone and all our phones immediately start beeping.

"This house is unregistered, we can go there."

Diavolo's brows furrowed in confusion, Isadora immediately shot him a fierce expression. "Later."

Lifting Cora off my shoulder and placing her into Varvara's open arms.

"Baby, you need to go now. Okay?" Those majestic metallic orbs are somber and her small lips are down casted.

"Daddy, you're not coming?"

Her voice is fragile and it makes me frustrated and aggravated that I ruined her birthday. I want more than anything to be with her but I cant right now, I need to protect her and everyone else. Placing my forehead against hers, warmth radiating from her skin and the scent of beautiful roses brought familiarity back into my mind.

"Princess, daddy is just going to talk to the people who crashed your birthday and then he's coming back to you." I smile, placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Okay." Corvina beamed, kissing my cheek. It
only made the ache in my chest intensify, the only person that has given my life meaning, There isn't anything I wouldn't do for my princess.

"In the home theatre, there's a keypad right at the corner of the screen. Slide it down and type 32104. Then, the screen will slide, walk down the stairs and the keys are on the left." Diavolo repeated.

If my calculations are correct, we have spent a total of three minutes devising a possible escape route along with my reassurance with Cora. They didn't need to be told twice, immediately they sprinted towards the safety route.

Diavolo, Isadora, Alysanne, Nikolai, Nadia, Jaevry, Akiro and I will be the ones to stall them. It's likely that we will be outnumbered but chances are with this menacing group, they are going to enjoy this.