026: Hypnotic poison

|Azarov Iatova|

Rarely will I ever be stumped. There is a first time for everything, attempting to compose myself in an effort not to burn this God-forsaken house down. Rebecca leaves me exasperated, and it couldn't be contained into a box. The justice system is flawed, many people have seen it first hand, it easier to blame people like us for the evil corrupting the world but the reality is that the lines between good and evil have been blurred for centuries. Our system is an example because no straight-arrow judge would grant Rebecca the appeal for full custody over a child she never raised.

What have I done to warrant her behaviour?

The past threatens to break free until I shove it to the back of my mind when the sweet melody of her voice vanquishes the vexation.

"DADDY, I'M HOME!" She screams at the top of her lungs.

Alysanne's laughter echoes as they close the distance. Corvina's glowing aura is more than a beckon of light, she disintegrates the darkness. Her smoky eyes are entirely her own, filled with love and joy. Alysanne carried her in her hip, she has the patience of a saint. She wouldn't admit it out of respect but Alysanne is protective like a mother would be. Her heart is priceless and sometimes I wonder how I could be deserving of her.

My princess wiggles out of her grip and sprints towards me, Catching her instantly, welcoming my baby with open arms. I missed her more than words could describe, I can finally breathe with her. It's like a plece of your soul is missing and now that my baby is here. I feel whole.

Attacking her face with kisses, her blissfol giggles are music to my ears. She twists in my hold, failing to escape but not putting much of a fight.

"My princess, I missed you so much," kissing her cheek repeatedly.

"I missed you too, daddy!" She squeals, wrapping her arms around my neck as I prep her on my arm.

Raising my brow playfully, "How much?"

She extends her arms as wide as she can, "More than all the stars in the sky!"

Those words hold a significant value in my heart. Corvina is growing each day and sometimes I want to freeze time and preserve each moment. Nuzzling my nose into her chubby cheeks, her laughter is my favourite song.

Alysanne's lips hold a cloud-nine smile, her eyes studying us. She kisses Corvina on the cheek. "Aly!" Cora whines.

Alysanne scrunches her nose and gives Corvina eskimo kisses, which she returns. This moment right here is my happiness, my heart.

"Where is the princess of this castle?" Diavolo's thunderous voice echoing throughout the house.

I am second - guessing whether I should have given him a key, since him and Isadora waltz in without batting me eyelash.

"Baby girl, did you grow while I was away?" Isadora teases.

Corvina insists I let her down and runs towards them, "Uncle Dio! Uncle Isa!"

They hug her instantly, with Diavolo picking her up and Isadora showering her with kisses. Its enduring to watch my entire family miss her as much as I did, she has a bond with everyone and I'm glad that she gets to receive all kinds of love from so many people.

Alysanne taps my shoulder. I should have known, she is quite perceptive. I don't know how to break the news to her and instead hand her the papers. Her hands scrunch the white paper, no doubt reading over the problem that Rebecca has created. Turning around, I lock eyes with Diavolo and he knows that I can't have Corvina hear this. "Hey princess, I bought some toys for you. Why don't you show it to Uncle Dio and Aunt Isa?"