Chapter 1

Sawyer didn't acknowledge how lucky he was to still have his siblings and to be living when the world went to hell. Not until he realized that his own brother was going to get him killed.

"Come on, man, you're wasting bullets." Sawyer told his brother.

"What's that little, bro? I can't hear you over the gunshots!" claimed Merle;sometimes he can be a real dick.

Just last week he called Andrea a "whore" and "rug-muncher." In which Amy made Sawyer force Merle to apologize by threatening never to talk to him again.

As much as Sawyer agreed with Merle, he had a huge crush on Amy and wanted everyone to be on good terms.

"You're going to get us all killed. " Sawyer claimed, placing his hands behind his head in a state of panic.

" Ahh, you got nothing to worry about Lil' bro. '' answered Merle as he continued to shot the rifle.

"Now I wished I joined Daryl on his hunt, at least I knew I was coming back alive with him. " Sawyer mumbled.

"What was that Sawy?" Merle questioned, obviously hearing Sawyer's little rant.

"N-Nothing. Uh- Great job keeping the geeks away! " claimed the boy.

Soon enough, the others came in with T-Dog, Morales, and Andrea screaming their heads off at Merle, which led to a fist fight between T-Dog and Merle until Merle was able to hold a gun in T-Dog's face.

"Now we're gonna vote for who is in charge. I vote for me. Democracy time ya'll. Show of hands. " said Merle. " All in favor.?"

Oh, brother. Thought Sawyer as he raised hus hand, knowing what would happen to him if he didn't. He wished Merle didn't have to be a jerk all the time.

Everybody else raises their hands slowly. Making Merle seem to enjoy that part.

Suddenly, a man in the sheriff uniform punches Merle, knocking him to the ground. Sawyer winced a bit.

"Who the hell are you? "

" Officer Friendly. " answered the sheriff as he handcuffed Merle to the pipe as he started going on about the dead vs. the living.

"Screw, you man. "

" I can see you making the habit of missing the point. "

"Screw you twice, cop."

"All I am anymore is a man looking for his wife and son, anyone that gets in the way, loose. "