Chapter 38

"Remember, don't draw attention to yourselves." Sawyer whispered to the group that had joined him on the heist. It consisted of Samantha, Morales, Kenny,Laura,and, of course, Erica.

The group had spent the last two hours making sure they were covered head to toe in walker guts and blood. If Sawyer didn't think he needed a bath, then he would definitely need one when they got back to the Sanctuary.

The man led the group slowly through the horde. It was bigger than before, at least to Sawyer. He just hoped and prayed he wouldn't get anyone killed.

They slowly and creepily made their way through the horde. Simon would lead another group to attack the horde once Sawyer gives him the signal.

"Yo Shawty, is this how the group survived after the quarry?" questioned Morales in a whisper.

"Shut up! Don't draw attention." Sawyer hissed in not only annoyance but a harsh whisper. The last thing they needed was for someone or for all of them to be killed.

Once they were inside the building, they quietly made their way from the door. Sawyer took out Simon's map of the building. Luckily for them, it was a one story building. But it was huge and looked like it was a maze. He did his best to read Simon's direction to the room they needed.

"Everybody goes in pairs. Search every room and grab what you can." declared Laura. Sawyer didn't even try to argue with her. He knew she was one of Negan's lieutenants and that arguing with her wouldn't get them nowhere. Despite this, he felt like this was supposed to be his mission.

Sawyer followed Erica down a hallway. Sliding quietly along the walls, just because the horde was outside, didn't mean there were any lurkers inside, and they still had to take precautions.

Sawyer peeked around the corner, and if he hadn't guessed it. He would say he was right. There were only three lurking around the corner, making awful croaking noises and stinking the place up.

"Only three. We can take them." Sawyer whispered to Erica, who nodded as they separated and crept their way inside to the two closest ones.

The man let out a whistle, alerting the living dead as they stumbled their way over. Both Erica and Sawyer moved inward, both using their weapons to make the killing blow.

Sawyer turned around to see where the third one had gone off to, only for it to come at him with snarling teeth. Making him stumble and fall on his back. Though this time, he was able to quickly grab his sword and send it through the walker's head just as it came crashing down on him.

Erica managed to help him just as the others came into the room. "Everybody alright?" called out Laura, and the two of them nodded.

"We found the supplies." announced Kenny emerging from the hall.

Sawyer followed the group to where the room was. It was like a small pharmacy or a medical lab or maybe some nut job was preparing for the end of the world. Sawyer couldn't describe the building well. But to make it even better, it had everything they could possibly need.

The man wondered what made it become untouched. Perhaps it was because of the horde, and nobody dared to go straight through, at least until they did.

While the others continued to search through the cabinets for the items on Emmett's list. Sawyer and Laura went back to the door to give Simon the signal.

Both he and Laura kneeled down behind the entrance, Sawyer poked his head up only to duck down to avoid being spotted by a lurking walker. Simon and the others were just beyond the horde, and the only window that wasn't boarded up was the door.