Chapter 19

Shane managed to get Lori back in one living piece. Everyone else gathered around outside, relieved that the woman was alright. But they were still worried about Rick and Glenn not being back yet with Hershel.

“Where are they?” Lori questioned, causing everyone to look at each other in confusion. Only for Shane to reveal that Lori was pregnant. Shocking everyone, including Carl.

“You're having a baby?” Carl asked,seeming excited to be a big brother. “Why didn't you tell me?” He asked, a bit upset his mother also didn't tell him.

Lori didn't have an answer as she just stared at her son.

“Come on, let's make sure you're alright.” called Dale, and he motioned her over. Sawyer followed the two of them inside with everyone else shortly following.

Everyone else gathered around the living room as they listened to Lori and Carl talk. He couldn't help but smile as Carl bombarded his mother with questions.

“We've never had the talk. I guess we forgot.” said Lori.

Sawyer watched as Carl leaned over and looked at Dale, causing both him and Andrea to stop a small chuckle. “Don't look at me. That's your father’s job” claimed Dale.

“If the baby's a girl, can we name her Sophia?” Carl asked his mother, leaving the room silent for a second.

“Hey dude. Sorry bud, I thought you knew. “ Shane apologized to Carl as he leaned against the doorway.

“Big brother Carl.” Carl told Shane excitedly, flicking his father's hat. “Pretty cool, huh?”

“I say that's very cool. “ said Shane with a small chuckle.

“You mind if I talk to your mom for a second?” Shane asked him.

“How about a little later? After she has some rest. “ said Andrea, Sawyer nodded in agreement with her. Looking over at Lori as if he was asking permission to punch Shane in the face.

Though Shane managed to convince Lori to have some time alone, causing everyone else to get up. Sawyer took one look back at Lori, wanting to make sure she was alright being alone with Shane, but he only gotten a nod from the woman as Sawyer led Carl out of the room.
…………..
By morning; Rick,Glenn and Hershel came back. But they weren't alone. T-Dog was the first to notice a boy with a blind around his face.

“That's Randall.” answered Glenn.

Soon, everyone was gathered around the kitchen table as Rick explained what had happened. Only for a heated argument between Rick and Shane until Hershel stepped in.

“Now I wanted you gone. But Rick talked me out of it. But that doesn't mean I don't like it. “ claimed Hershel.

“So do us both a favor. Keep your mouth shut. “ he added as Shane just shook his head and left angrily out the door.

Everyone else soon departed on their own.
………………….

The next day, Shane and Rick had taken Randall out to drop him off somewhere. Sawyer continued to switch with Lori as they continued to check on Beth after Lori brought her something to eat.

He walked in on her crying, so he kneeled on the floor next to her bed.“Hey, hey. It's okay. I know how hard it is. “ he told her softly.

“I've tried for days to reach Daryl and Merle. Get them on the phone.” Sawyer told her. Sawyer wasn't originally with Merle and Daryl at the Atlanta Camp. He was away during college when the fall happened and managed to find a refugee camp the first month before it got overrun.