Chapter 21

Everyone else gathered outside the house when they saw a herd of walkers out in the fields by the barn. If it was shortly after they heard a gunfire in the distance, did they not see them.

“Maybe they will pass by. Like the herd on the highway. We should just stay inside.” claimed Glenn.

“Not unless there's a tunnel I don't know about.” Claimed Daryl as Hershel sent Patricia to turn off the lights while Andrea went to get the guns.

“He's right. A herd that size could rip the house down.” Sawyer added to Daryl's sentence.

“Carl's gone. I can't find him anywhere.” claimed a worried Lori.

“What?” Sawyer questioned her. Panic flooded his chest.

“Maybe he's hiding.” claimed Glenn.

“He's supposed to be upstairs.” replied Lori.”I'm not leaving without my boy.” she added.

“We're not. We won't. We'll find him.” Sawyer promised her as the others came back with the guns.

Hershel claimed he wasn't going to leave his farm unless he was dead. He watched as the others went towards the barn to draw the herd away while he stayed with Hershel and the rest to protect the house.

“ I can't find him. He isn't anywhere. What do I do!?” cried Lori as she panicked over Carl while Carol tried to think of where Carl could have gone.

It wasn't until Patricia suggested that Carl could have started the barn on fire that Sawyer rushed out the door. Only to find the herd getting closer. Though Hershel was defending his farm with everything he got.

“Get them out of here! “ yelled Hershel.

“What about you? “ Sawyer yelled back after firing a few rounds. But he didn't get an answer as Hershel kept firing rounds.

Sawyer quickly raced back up the porch, picking up the gun bag as he shooed the women towards Carol's jeep. Thought they lost Patrictia, who was quickly taken down by a group of walkers.

“Get Carol, she went that way. “ claimed Lori after Andrea and T-dog showed up in the blue truck.

Sawyer quickly followed Andrea, shooting at walkers that got too close. “Look out!” Yelled Carol as one came up too close to Andrea. Luckily, Sawyer shot it in the head.

In the midst of the chaos, Sawyer somehow got separated from Carol and Andrea, causing him to only use one instinct left. To flee. He continued to run into the woods in the middle of the night. Not taking one minute to even stop.

He never stopped running that night, not until he was as far away from the farm as possible.

…………
『Daryl's POV』

After Sawy, Glenn, and I were able to find Randall, though he was dead when we found him, we all went back to the farm. Only to find it being overrun by a herd.

The others and I quickly went to kill as many as we could in an attempt to save it. But it was too big for either of us to handle.

After telling Jimmy to circle around the barn to see if Shane and Rick were there, I made my way out of the gates to meet the others. I'm hoping my lil’ bro would make it out. Only to watch the barn burn up flames.

It wasn't until I heard a familiar scream in the distance that I quickly raced my motorcycle over to Carol, who was trying to get away from the walkers.

“Come on. I ain't got all day!” I hollered. Once she climbed onto my bike, I took off towards the highway. 

By daylight, everyone else gathered where we first broke down,where Sophia had gone missing. I scanned the group for Sawyer, but he wasn't there.

“Where's the rest of us?” I questioned the group.

“We're the only ones who made it so far.” said Rick.

“Shane?” asked Lori, but Rick could only shake his head.

“Andrea?” Glenn asked.

“She saved me, then I lost her.” Replied Carol.

“We saw her go down.” added T-Dog.

“And my brother?” I questioned them. Someone had to have seen him. “Has anyone seen Sawy?” I asked as we all learned who didn't make it. The only two unaccounted for were Sawy and Andrea.

“You definitely saw them?” asked Carol.

“There were walkers everywhere.” claimed Lori.

“I'm gonna go back. “ I claimed and started to leave. I wasn't leaving without Sawyer. I lost one brother and couldn't  lose another one

“No. “ said Rick, stopping me.

“We can't just leave them.” I claimed.

“We don't even know if they're there,” said Lori.

“They're not there. They're not. They're either somewhere else or they're dead, “ said Rick.”There's no way to find them.” he added.

“So we're not even gonna go look for them?” Glenn asked.

“We gotta keep looking. There's walkers crawling all over here.” said Rick.

“I say head east. “ stated T-dog.

“Stay off the main roads. The bigger the road, the more walkers. More assholes like this one. I got him. “ I claimed as I shot a walker that was coming for the group.

It wasn't long until we headed off the road. I followed the others shortly after I left Sawyer a message on one of the cars that read;

Sawy, headed east. Stay off main roads.

................

Author's note:
Hello ya'll,just a friendly reminder that I'm going to be completely skipping season three. Though Sawyer would mostly get his own season since he won't be with the group during Season 3.

I can't wait for you guys to meet Season 4 Sawyer. His character development gets better, and he's more badass in Season 4 as he builds his survival skills.

Anyway, I hope ya'll are enjoying this, and please remember to vote and comment. I always love to interact with my readers. Have a good day/night.