Chaptet 34

Warning: Super long chapter!!!

Flashback: Pre-Tell It To The Frogs

“How do you know if your brothers are even alive?” Rocky questioned.

“Because,Nothing can kill Merle or Daryl but themselves.” Reassured Sawyer as the three of them continued their way on the highway. “Or each other.” the boy mumbled to himself.

Growing up with Merle and Daryl, Sawyer had pretty much convinced himself when he was younger that nothing could kill his two older brothers. He had seen them both take down their pops whenever he was getting violent or there was that one time when he was 10 he went with Merle on a drug run and Merle took out a man half his size when he didn't get the right amount of drugs for what he paid for.

After Mikey had passed three days ago, Sawyer had managed to convince his two friends to try and hitchhike to his brothers’ place. Knowing well, they would most likely survive with Daryl and Merle.

The only issue is that their place was all the way across the other side of the state. Up in the mountains a little way.

“Well,hopefully we will be there by the end of the week? Right bud?” Rocky asked.

“Yeah. Faster if we have a vehicle.” stated Sawyer. Every vehicle they came across either was bone dried out of gas or the battery was dead, and no one had the tools for Sawyer to swap a new one. But sometimes they were lucky enough to find some canned food or some water.

After about another hour or so of walking, they decided to rest. They sat down at the bank of the road, a little ways into the trees so they couldn't be seen. Samantha had taken out a can of peas for them to share. It wasn't much, but nowadays, anything is food.

Rocky had taken out their map to check. “There's a small town up ahead. We can make it by dark. See if there's a small grocery store.” he stated. Sawyer peeked at the map over his shoulders as he took a gulp of their water.

“Sounds right. We can see if there's any vehicles too. “ said Sawyer.

Not long until they did continue on foot. Only for them to hear a vehicle up ahead, quickly causing them to hide in the bushes. Sawyer watched as a truck stopped at the side of the road, and someone had stepped out.

Luckily for them, they weren't noticed.

“What are you doing!?”called out another voice.

“I gotta take a leak! Hold your panties!”

Sawyer watched as the man then went and did his business. Rocky was just about to stand up, but Sawyer stopped him.

“Hey! There's a girl out here!” yelled the man as he had picked up what seemed to be something of Samantha’s causing Samy to curse quietly under her breath.

“Is she cute!?”

“I call dibs!”

“Animals.”thought Sawyer as he and Rocky did their best to shield Samantha in case they were discovered.

But lucky for them, God was in their favor, and the group had decided to leave the highway once they decided that they believed Samantha was long gone.

Once the coast was clear, the group decided to stay more in the woods. In case they would come across the group again.

“Well what do you know, Rocky? You were right. One hour before sunset. Perfect timing. “ Sawyer praised his friend as they had arrived in town. It was mostly deserted, kinda like a ghost town you would visit on a class road trip.