Chapter 41

“A little change of plans, you're going with Gavin on his run to The Kingdom.” said Simon once Sawyer had met up with him just before dawn.

Sawyer learned not to question Simon, but that still doesn't mean they buttheads once in a while, well, maybe on a daily basis. Simon always found a way to complain about Sawyer. Whether or not something didn't get done right or he was just being an asshole. But Sawyer learned to just deal with it.

“The Kingdom?” Sawyer questioned.He had heard some of the Saviors talking about some of the other communities before, but Sawyer himself had never been to either of them. There was Hilltop and then The Kingdom.

“A community led by some whackadoo who thinks he’s living in some type of fantasy.” explained Simon as they went to meet up with Gavin and his group. Gavin’s one of the leaders of the outposts that they had, and if Sawyer remembered correctly, it's the Chemical Plant outpost.

“Ahh! I finally get to kidnap, Mr. No memories here.” called out a familiar voice. Sawyer turned his head to see Gavin greeting them, followed by Jared.

“Upon Negan's request.” claimed Simon.

“Well, I've been asking for him to go on my deliveries for days.” stated Gavin.

“You can have him for the week then.” Simon.

“Anything not to deal with you.”Thought Sawyer, it would be good to get out of the Sanctuary. Though he highly doubts he would be doing any sightseeing while going on runs with Gavin.

“Can TinTin come? “ Sawyer asked. He knew his young friend was also tired of doing boring duties such as cleaning duties or feeding the prisoners. But perhaps it was because he was a kid that they didn't want them out and about.

“Let's see how you do on your first deliveries. Then perhaps the Tin Man can come.” stated Gavin.

Pfft, Tin Man.'' Thought Sawyer and sniffled a small snort. Onlg to retrieve a look from them.

“Wizard of Oz,” he explained, though he was very disappointed when they didn't get his reference.

It didn't take long before the group had left to head for The Kingdom. He even got to ride with Gavin and Jared.

“My deliveries are never late.” Gavin claimed as Jared drove them.

“Never?” asked Sawyer.

“Never.” Repeated Gavin.

Although it didn't seem like a long trip, it felt like one to Sawyer. Mostly because he hadn't been outside for a while. “What does the Kingdom look like?” Sawyer asked as he did his best to remember the directions back to the Sanctuary. He wanted to make sure he found the safest and quickest way back in case something happened.

“We have never seen The Kingdom,” said Gavin.

“Really? Why not?”

“It was an agreement we made with their leader. They’ll cooperate if we don't step foot on their Kingdom.” Gavin explained.

“That's smart”.thought Sawyer but made his curiosity by far even greater. He wondered if Negan would ever back out of his deal with The Kingdom if they did something he didn't like.

Sawyer soon stepped out of the vehicle as they finally arrived at the meet-up spot. “Just shut up and let Gavin do the work.” ordered Jared, causing Sawyer to nod in agreement.

It didn’t take long for a vehicle to approach, Gavin had walked up to greet them. “Just in time, Ezekiel,” said the man. Sawyer watched as a group of people climbed out of their vehicle. They were dressed in armor. Some had guns, but only the woman had a bow and arrow equipped.

“Our arrangement is something I consider to be the utmost serious ” replied a man with gray turning braided hair. Sawyer turned to look at the man. He didn’t seem much like a threat. No wonder he agreed to such demands easily.

Sawyer then turned to watch as Gavin counted the goods in the back of their trucks. It mostly consisted of dead chickens, but there was even a dead deer in the back..  “How long ago has the deer been killed?” asked Gavin.

“Just this morning. I killed it myself.” said the woman.

“Dianne’s one of our best archers. “ claimed the leader.

“ I highly doubt it. “ said Gavin. “Time to load it up. “ Gavin announced.

Sawyer went to help unload the truck but was stopped by Gavin.” They load it. “ he explained, causing Sawyer to nod as he stepped back, allowing the Kingdomers to load the truck. Just because he wasn’t going to load the truck now doesn’t mean he and TinTin will unload it when they get back.

“ I don’t think we’ve met,” said their leader as he took a look at him.. Sawyer blinked before he turned and looked at Gavin. He was told by Jared to shut up and let Gavin do the talking, but he wondered if it applied to if he was being talked to.

Gavin nodded at Sawyer, relieved he didn’t have to shut up completely. He turned to look at Ezekiel. “Sawyer. “ he announced to the man then paused. He needed to think for a second on his last name. Luckily, it clicked right away. “Sawyer Dixon. “

“He’s a new charge. “ said Gavin.

“I’m King Ezekiel. Nice to meet your acquaintance. I’m sure we will be seeing more of each other?” Ezekiel asked. Once more, Sawyer looked at Gavin. He wasn’t sure how to answer Ezekiel since this would be his first delivery.

“I wouldn’t make it a habit, Ezekiel. He mostly stays in the headquarters.” claimed Gavin. “It’s time we get going. We will see each other next week. It’s production week, so produce.” ordered Gavin.

Sawyer soon found himself loading back into the bed of the truck with Jared, looking back at the Kingdomers as if he were trying to remember what each of them looked like before they disappeared out of sight.

………..

“Good job out there today, yo Shawtty. Unload the truck. I’ll give Simon an update, “ said Gavin.

Jared and the others cackled a bit about not having to help unload the truck. Sawyer looked down at all the stuff he had to unload by himself.

“Just great. “ he mumbled to himself as he jumped down from the truck himself and began to unload it.

After about an hour, Sawyer was almost done unloading it. He only had a few more dead chickens to carry to the kitchen.

The man was just about to grab the last two chickens when TinTin had come up behind him, tapping him on the shoulder. He was out of breath, and Sawyer wondered what for until his young friend had opened his mouth and spike three words that made him drop his birds and run inside.

“Clementine's in trouble.”

<◇>◇<◇>◇>◇>◇>

A/N: Hey ya'll; just out of curiosity, would ya guys like to see more Twd fanfics? I have two in the works but am thinking of doing either a Rick or a Daryl fanfic. Let me know in the comments which you'd like to see in the near future.