Chapter 5

It was 4:15PM and I was currently sitting in my new dorm room, I had just finished unpacking everything and putting my room together just the way I liked it.

I was right to think that the rooms would be nice. It was all modern, and had a whole downstairs with a living room, bathroom and kitchen, and guest bedroom. 

And then to top it all off it had open white stairs that lead up to my room and office area. For one person this was definitely an insane amount of space. I had to wonder what the teachers' rooms were like.

 I sat down on my bed as I thought about all of the events that took place earlier throughout the day

I thought back to my conversation with Megan earlier. I still couldn't believe how quickly she agreed to the deal I had made with her. Not only that but how it was her energy that I first noticed protecting the boundaries of the school. I've never felt anything like it before, nor anyone who could do that sort of thing.

I also thought back to our headmaster. He could use compulsion on me, that was evident. But what really bothered me was the way that he used it. It felt so dark and cold, like all of the good emotions were suddenly taken from me. I didn't like that one bit. There was something majorly off about that guy.

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a loud knock at the door, interrupting my thoughts.

 I quickly sat up off of my bed and went downstairs to the front door. Opening it to reveal Liz and Becca standing there.

"Hey boo we are headed down to dinner, you coming with?" Liz asked me as she stood there looking around my dorm.

 "Yeah, let me just grab my phone." I quickly said walking over to the counter and pulling it out of its charger. 

"I like what you've done with the place." Becca said, motioning behind me as I walked back to toward them.

I muttered a quick thanks before closing the door behind me. "It's crazy how all of this room is just for one person." I said as we made our way out of the dormitories and in the direction of the seniors dining lounge.

"I still can't believe what happened earlier." Liz started. "Like what even made Vanessa so mad at you in the first place?" she asked, directing her gaze at Becca.

"Well, when I first got to the gym, her and her posy came up to me and told me that they needed my brother's phone number. I asked them why and then Vanessa said how she is going to date him. And well, me being the person I am, I don't just randomly give out people's information. So, I asked her why she didn't just ask my brother for it herself, especially if she was trying to date him. She obviously took it the wrong way and started accusing me of trying to step in between her and my brother's non-existent relationship, and well, you saw how that all went." She grimaced.

"Ah that makes more sense to be honest. It's still crazy how she took it as far as she did though." Liz said crinkling her nose.

"That reminds me, how are you feeling after all of that? I can only imagine how much it must have hurt having fire being constantly thrown at you."