Chapter 24

Ellie's POV

Later that day I texted Megan and told her to meet me and Liz at my dorm, letting her know that we found out more information related to the events around us. She said would be here at 5pm. 

The clock reading 4:58.

I sighed, looking over at the book sitting on my table. Liz and I had been reading and doing our best to decipher a lot of the ancient language written inside. 

To say that Felix was more than happy to help would be an understatement-

'Yes, we named the book don't judge us' plus he seemed to really like the name.

Of course, you can probably guess that Liz made fun of me for that too because it reminded her of the movie Wreck it Ralph and how there's that little guy in there named "Fix it Felix" which just seemed to be our exact situation.

The irony of everything today really amazed me. 

A sudden knock at the door snapped me out of my thoughts, knowing that it was Megan on the other side.

Opening the door, I came face to face with Megan and her cousin Angie.

"Ahh the famous Ellie Moon! Today is just full of surprises aren't they Meg?" Angie said, seeming as if she was challenging Megan.

"Ugh Angie, I get it, yes I'm dating her now can you please just drop it for now?"

I instantly gave Megan a questioning look indirectly asking her what happened.

She just shook her head as if to say 'not right now' which I understood.

Instead, I welcomed them both in and motioned them towards the table.

"Pleasure to meet you, Angie." I said extending my hand to the woman who looked very similar to Megan. She had the same emerald eyes, but instead of her hair being dark it was a bright blonde.

"Right back at you sweetie, glad to finally see your face outside of the pantry

"Right back at you sweetie, glad to finally see your face outside of the pantry." She said, winking at me and turning her attention over to Liz. 

I saw Megan just roll her eyes as she followed Angie over to where Liz was sitting.

"We've been trying our best to decipher everything but so far it hasn't been all that easy." I said, motioning to all of the scattered books and papers on the table.

"Why does your friend look like she's possessed?" Angie questioned, seeing as Liz hadn't responded to anyone.

"It's a family gift she has, she's a part of the fox's researching industries, so she's scanning everything from the book using her magic... Think of it as a type of human usb." I said, seeing the impressed look on both Megan and Angie's faces.

"Wow those guys really are impressive aren't they."

Nodding I motioned them to sit down while showing Megan one of the papers.