Chapter 14

Ellie's POV

My friends and probably about half of the school all ended up at our school's pizzeria.

Everyone was excitedly sitting around either dancing or singing, being super pumped about the match we played earlier. 

I had ended up telling Liz about what happened with the headmaster and Megan in the hallway all of those weeks back, and sent her to watch and make sure that Megan would be okay since I saw how the headmaster was watching her in the gym. 

I seriously couldn't get over how off and messed up that guy was. 

It also surprised me when I found out that Damian was actually the headmaster's nephew and didn't end up getting expelled. They just transferred him to some other class; like that would do anything. 

Their family seriously needs to disappear from this school, it's a complete joke if you ask me.

"Hey gorgeous." 

I turned in my seat to see Hazel standing in front of me, a knowing smirk on her face as she looked down at me.

"Hazel." I greeted, moving my eyes past her and towards the entrance of the restaurant, praying that Megan and Liz would walk through the doors.

"I just wanted to congratulate you again for playing so well, I wouldn't be surprised if you are already on the list to play varsity." She again, while I shifted my eyes from the entrance back to her. 

"I really appreciate that, thank you." I smiled, trying to seem polite even though I was already slightly annoyed by her. 

"Of course..." She trailed, moving one of her hands onto my shoulder, making me stare at it blankly then back up to her. 

"I also hope that you'll consider my offer from earli-"

"FINALLY! THERE YOU ARE!"

I turned to see Liz standing there, Megan at her side with her arms crossed as she glared at Hazel's hand. 

"Oh hey, it took you long enough." I said, staring at Liz and then back to Megan, grateful for this distraction. I really wasn't in the mood to have to shut down someone right now.

"Yo, who wants to play spin the bottle?!"  

We all ended up turning to see Isaac standing around with a group of our other classmates, an empty bottle hanging from his hand. 

Many people cheered and began circling around him and that group right as his eyes fell onto me and the people next to me.

"Ellie, guys hurry up and get over here!" He yelled, motioning with his other hand for us to come over to him. 

Sighing I looked over at Megan, wondering what her thoughts were right now. 

"Meet ya over their cutie." Hazel winked at me, before walking off towards the group of other students.

"Geez El, you seriously over here pulling girls right in front of your girlfriend." Liz quipped, causing both Megan and I to blush and look at the ground. 

"Oh man this year is going to be so entertaining." She laughed, before walking off in the direction of the others. 

Clearing my throat I finally pulled my gaze back up to Megan's already expectant one. 

"Nothing's going on I promise." I reassured, seeing her expression slightly soften.

"I know Ellie, I trust you. Plus... well, I can't really be mad at you if you were dating anyone else anyways." She whispered, looking bothered again as she looked in the direction of the rowdy teenagers.