Chapter 9

Ellie's POV

Darkness.

I was surrounded in complete and utter darkness.

"Where am I..?" 

I tried looking around, deciding it would be a good idea to use my powers to change my eyes as if I was wearing night vision goggles. Once I focused up enough energy my vision changed to a bright green, showing absolutely nothing around me. 

Where could I possibly be for even that to not work?

I started aimlessly walking around to see if there were any clues or structures around me. But still there was nothing. I had no idea what to do. By the time I had wandered around for what felt like hours, my legs started hurting eventually causing me to stop and to sit down. I wasn't getting anywhere. I felt as if I was in an endless pit of nothingness that went on forever.

I was starting to feel cold... lost, alone and after some more time of sitting there I could no longer sense or use my magic either. It was as if someone completely took all of my magic away, back to darkness it was.

Suddenly I heard a low snarl approaching me from in the distance, I could feel myself holding my breath, afraid of what I was about to come face to face with. 

Even though I was internally freaking out, I decided to close my eyes and control my breathing, waiting for any indication that something was nearing me.

I was starting to feel calmer when I noticed what sounded like faint footsteps slowly walking up towards me from my left. Shifting my body slightly as if to not make any sudden movements, I felt whatever it was slowly halting, stopping right in front of me.

Nervously, I started to very slowly open my eyes.

After a few seconds of letting my eyes adjust better, I realized that I was sitting face to face with what looked to be a giant white leopard.

________

Megan's POV

"She is currently facing inner death." Damian said, giving me an amused smirk.

I felt myself tensing up at the realization. Inner death? What did that mean?

I knew he couldn't physically harm her with his magic right now because I was protecting her with my own. However, it never once crossed my mind that he would try hurting her mentally with his powers.

"That's enough Damian." A strong voice suddenly said behind me, causing me to jump.

I turned around seeing that the headmaster was now standing there with a bunch of students, watching the spectacle that dragged out in front of him. Turning back to Damian, I noticed his expression turned into something of being bored.

"Right, sorry uncle. I just figured I would take things into my own hands." He said picking at his nails. By then Fen was on the ground coughing, nurses swarming all around him as they inspected his body. 

"Well, this isn't quiet what I had in mind..." Headmaster Stone paused once he noticed me standing there. He looked from me and down to the hand that was holding Ellie's before he snickered and turned his gaze back onto Damian.

"Follow me to my office." He motioned his hand as he briskly turned around.

Damian shrugged before he started walking past me, reluctantly following his uncle out of the course and back out towards the school.

I quickly turned my attention back to Ellie, as she was still standing there frozen in place. Only this time her eyes were shut closed.

"Ellie?" I said brushing my hands along her cheeks. She still wasn't responding, which made me begin to panic.

"Why isn't she responding?!" I yelled, gaining some of the paramedic's attention.

A girl nurse with shoulder length brown hair suddenly walked up to me then, looking up and down at Ellie. She got closer and touched her forehead, closing her eyes for a brief moment.

"It looks like she is in a sort of mind coma." The nurse said, stepping back and away from Ellie.

"She is going to be okay though." I let out a breath of air I didn't realize I was holding, feeling relieved by her words.

"However, I should mention that the only hard part is knowing when she will wake up again." She said, giving me a weary look. "She has to do it herself."

I slowly nodded, doing my best to wrap my head around everything that had just happened.

"What would you recommend I do?" I asked her. She looked at me for a moment longer, studying me before speaking.

"If I was you, I'd take her back to her dorm and lay her down to get some rest. If she's as special as everyone says she is, then it won't be too long before she snaps out of it."

I regarded her for a moment longer, before I decided on taking Ellie back to my room. I know that this was technically me breaking the rules. But right now, I didn't care. I just needed to know that she was okay.

I gently wrapped my arms around her, lifting her onto my back and carrying her off and in the direction of my house.

_____

It has been two hours since I had first laid Ellie down in my bed, not leaving her side once.  I was determined to be there for her when she eventually woke up, or in case anything else ended up happening.

Eventually laying down beside her, studying every detail of her perfect face. Her eyes were still closed and by this point, she was lightly breathing with her mouth slightly parted open, looking as if she was asleep.

I felt as I let my eyes start to roam down towards the exposed skin that peeked from just below her crop, showing the belly button piercing that complimented her figure even more.  

Come on Megan get a grip, I thought, as I began to move my hand up towards her soft brown hair, letting myself play with it hair for a few minutes as I continued watching her. 

After a few more minutes I suddenly heard a light growl come from my bedroom door. Turning my head, I noticed my pet leopard Remi standing there, regarding me with a curious look.

"Hi baby, come here, we have a visitor." I said, motioning towards the sleeping Ellie.

I watched as Remi stared at her for a little bit before slowly making his way over towards us and onto the bed.

He sniffed her a few times before eventually nuzzling his head into Ellie's hand. 

I wonder... 

Just then I watched as Ellie's nose started to scrunch up, her eyes quickly fluttering open and looking at me with a confused expression. 

Ellie's POV

I studied the leopard that stood in front of me, it didn't seem like it was there to threaten me in any way. Without thinking any further I slowly reached my hand up to its head and started to pet it. Feeling it move its head closer into my hand just as the darkness suddenly began to fade away.

Yay aren't cliffhangers just the best? hahah. Sorry for the shorter chapter, I promise the next one will be longer... Maybe ;)