Chapter 10

Ellie's POV

I slowly started to open my eyes, finally getting out of that weird dream that I was in.

"You're finally awake!" I heard a soft voice say next to me.

Turning my attention over beside me, my eyes landed on a worried Megan laying there next to me. 

Confused on if I was actually awake or not, I furrowed my eyes at her.

"Megan? What happened? Is this real?"

She gave me a wicked smile just then and moved a loose strand of hair away from my face, tucking it behind my ear causing me to shiver. 

"You were stuck in a type of mind coma." she said, scrunching her eyebrows together looking like she was deep in thought about something.

Mind coma? Wait, that's right. The last thing I remember happening wa-

"Damian put you in it during your fight." She must have seen the confusion on my face. "Luckily the headmaster showed up before anything could have gotten any worse."

"That's good. Is... is Fen, okay?" The smile never left her face as she nodded her head. 

"Thanks to you Fen is perfectly fine..." She whispered, continuing to stare at me before she spoke. "Ellie... I was so worried about you." I could see the concern that played on her face, alongside some other emotion that I wasn't sure of. I felt my lips tuck upwards at what she said. She cared about me. 

"I'm sorry for scaring you, Megan." I apologized, watching her expression turn soft.

I-It's okay... You're okay now and that's all that matters. Granted I don't condone you recklessly jumping into a fight like that... But either way you did the right thing, and because of that I am proud of you Ellie."

I slowly watched as her gaze flickered down to my lips and back up to my eyes again. I could feel a faint blush appearing on my cheeks as I watched her. Did she want to kiss me?

I watched as she slowly began to lift her hand up to my cheek, moving her face closer to mine. I closed my eyes; feeling my heart rate increase as she got closer.

Please kiss me, please kiss me. I chanted in my head.

I could feel her breath just inches away from my lips, making the anticipation almost unbearable. 

I could feel her hesitate for a moment before I felt her lips slowly press up against my cheek, giving me butterflies in my stomach.

She held her lips there for a few moments longer before she pulled away and sighed. I opened my eyes to see her already watching me, a faint blush spread on her cheeks while her eyes avoided mine. Without thinking, I moved my arms forward and pulled her closer into my arms. 

"Thank you for protecting me earlier, and thank you for being here now." I whispered into her ear.

I felt her shiver as goosebumps made their way onto the skin of her neck, feeling her arms slowly begin to wrap around my body, squeezing me back.

"Of course." she whispered.

I held her for a few seconds longer before pulling away and looking into her beautiful emerald eyes.

"Are you hungry?" she suddenly said, making me laugh at her question and nodding my head yes.

"Food sounds amazing." I said answering her question. She gave me a wide grin before she got up from the bed and motioned for me to follow her.

I turned around to get off the bed, but then noticed the white leopard from earlier, laying there sleeping on the floor.

"That's impossible." I muttered, staring wide eyed at the animal in front of me.