Chapter 20

Ellie's POV

After finding out about the news of my older sister's disappearance, Megan and Liz decided it would be a good thing if I didn't go home by myself. Especially considering that my parents would be away anyways.

So, with my best friend being well... My best friend, proposed that it would be best if I went along and stayed with Megan for "extra protection".

Which of course Megan instantly agreed to, being the cute and gullible person that she is.

She genuinely thought that's all that Liz was implying in her earlier comment.

'If only she knew'. Liz was the opposite of innocent.

I didn't have any objections anyways, considering I did not want to spend all of my time alone in my parent's house, especially knowing I would be more restless when it came to finding my sister.

The only reason I'm not rushing in is because my parents and the whole industries of magic are on the case. Plus, I don't want to do anything that could result in putting Megan in any danger.

So, lo and behold I am now at one of Megan's houses in Okinawa.

Why specifically Japan? Well Megan insisted it would be more off of the radar, plus she is fully aware that I have always wanted to visit here anyways, so here we are several days later.

"So, babe, what's been some of your favorite things we've done so far?" Megan asked, taking me out of my thoughts, seemingly genuinely curious for my response.

I knew that she was just trying to help distract me too, which I really appreciated.

I thought for a moment thinking over everything that we've done in the time we've been here.

"Well other than you, oh and of course you again. I'd say my favorite thing I've done so far would definitely have to be you." I grinned, trying my best not to laugh as she rolled her eyes and shook her head at me.

"As flattering as that is, I really want to know." 

"Okay you win. I'd have to say I really enjoyed the festival at Shuri Castle, the culture here is seriously so beautiful and the food is absolutely delicious too. Plus, when they had the fireworks go off at the end of the festival... And well, seeing you wearing a kimono... That had to be my favorite thing most of all." I finished, watching as Megans cheeks lit up in a blush.

"Oh, plus that cute old couple that we met at that shrine when she gave me the good luck charm thingy."

Megan laughed at the last part. "Yeah, except she only gave it to you because she wanted you to marry her grandson." She said in-between fits of laughter.

I smiled, loving how happy she looked.

"Well, it's a good thing I don't understand Japanese then huh?" I said, joining in her laughter.

After a minute we both calmed down and decided it would be a great idea to go to the community onsen (Otherwise known as a hot spring, or bath.) to get cleaned up and ready for the rest of the night.

I wasn't entirely too keen on this idea, considering there would be a good chance that many other people could be at the bath with us. Which would then mean that they would get to see Megan in all of her glory - However Megan was addiment that it's not like that here and that we should still go to experience more of the culture.

Me being the simp I am obviously I caved in and said okay.

___

When we finally arrived at the Onsen we made our way up to the front counter where this cute little old Japanese lady sat at the register.