Chapter 23

Ellie's POV

I woke up to a banging at what I guessed to be the front door.

"Megan? Megan open up!" The voice frantically said from the other side.

I looked over to my side, seeing Megan move her finger up for me to not say anything. 

I nodded as we both sat up, Megan slowly getting up and making her way up to her front door while I sat and listened.

"Oh my gosh Megan I'm so glad that you are okay!" The voice spoke right as she opened the door. 

I couldn't see who it was but their aura felt familiar for some reason.

"Angie is that you?" Megan's shocked voice rang out.

"In the flesh little cousin, I sure have missed you! I also heard the news about your parents, how are you holding up?" This mysterious person said, causing silence for what felt like a minute.

"T-they... I can't believe they have been alive this whole time." Megan's voice shook. "After all this time..." she trailed off.

"I understand, but everything is going to work out and be okay, I know it will be." The voice reassured.

"Anyways are you going to invite me in or are you going to make me stand here all day?"

I felt myself tense, realizing that Megan could get into some serious trouble if the person at the door found me here. 

Quickly I made my way over to the pantry and closed the door, hiding inside.

It's okay I'm hidden I told Megan over telepathy.

"N-no o-of course not, please come in and make yourself at home." she ushered, just as I saw the female figure entering the living room, looking around.

"It sure has been awhile hasn't it, I love what you've done with the place"

I watched as Megan smiled before thanking her.

"Omg is that Remi!? Hi baby doll! Come here!" Angie said, just as Remi walked in front of the pantry door, making me feel uneasy.

"Awe come on you remember me, don't you?" Angie said, making her way closer to the door. I watched as Remi laid down, rolling over while Angie came and rubbed his tummy.

"Oh, you big baby always making me come to you huh?" She mused continuing to love up on him.

"So, Meg, you finally seeing anyone?"

I watched Megan visibly freeze before quickly regaining her composure.

"What makes you say that?" She questioned, looking like she was trying her best to not seem suspicious.

"Well for starters there are an extra pair of shoes by the door, as well as I can sense that someone is behind this pantry door." The woman said, now visibly getting closer to the cracks of the door.

Feeling my eyes go wide, slowly backing away from the door, hoping it was dark enough for her to not be able to see me.

I watched as she took the handle, slowly turning it about to open it.

Well shit.

Without a second thought I quickly thought of Liz and before I knew it, I was standing half naked in front of her in her dorm room, causing her to scream while running towards me as if she was a warrior running into battle.

"What the hell are you doing Liz?" I laughed watching as my best friend stumbled into me, doing my best to catch her so she didn't face plant into the wall.