Chapter 8

Ellie's POV

It has been a couple weeks since I last talked to Megan in her office. Classes went on as usual; I would occasionally notice Megan taking small glances at me in classes, sometimes throwing winks at me when she caught me staring back.

Ever since we last talked, she's been being a lot more open with me about her thoughts or worries, which makes me really happy. I'm glad that we both have been getting closer, and that she has been trusting me more.

There were times when I would even come to her class just to sit and have lunch with her, which she seemed to really enjoy. I know that I did.

Things also seemed to calm down a lot at the school. I never once saw the headmaster after the encounter in the halls with Megan that day. I thought it was kind of odd but I decided to count my blessings.

Today, however, I had a plan. It was first period and I decided to move from my seat in the back in hopes of gaining more of Megan's attention.

I watched her look at me as I walked up front and sat down in the seat that was right in front of her desk, she looked at me, giving me a questioning look.

"Ellie, what are you doing? Isn't your seat in the back of the classroom?" She whispered, biting her teeth down on her pen. I smirked seeing how my plan was already working.

"Yeah, it was, but I decided it would be better for my education if I sat closer to the board."

I watched as she just sat there and shook her head, a sexy smirk playing on her lips. Just then students started swarming into the room just before the bell rang.

"Alright class, today we are going to focus on chapter 4 of protection and warding." She said pointing at the books on our desks. "As you read throughout the chapter, I want you to focus solely on how you can implement your powers with these new skills that you will be reading about. An example. Mr. Blau, your main gift is using and manipulating water, correct?" She asked Sebastian.

"That's correct ma'am" he responded.

Satisfied with his response she continued.

"Right, so Mr. Blau let's say you were put in a scenario where you are dealing with a fire user, and they are attacking you with their magic. What do you think you would do in that moment?" She asked walking back and forth in front of us.

Sebastian regarded her with a thoughtful look.

"I would probably try to block it with my water magic." He responded, earning a nod from Megan.

"Exactly." Megan said looking back around at the class. "Now everyone, once you guys are done reading, I will be pairing each of you up into partners and we will be going outside so you can practice both your spellcasting and your defensive techniques on each other." This caused an uproar in the class.

"You're seriously going to have us attack each other?!" One of the girls said, instantly making Megan's eyebrow raise at her.

"That's correct Ms. Lee. If you have a problem with that, I will happily give you a failing grade." Megan said, challenging her.

The girl's eyes widened before she quickly shook her head. "No, no I'm happy to participate." 

"Okay, with that being said let's get started." Megan continued as she started writing something on the board. Just then there was a knock at her door. Megan turned from the board as the door began to peek open.

"Hey deary, we have a new student here with us." The old reception lady I saw on the first day of school said, standing at the entrance. I watched as Megan held a confused look in her eyes, before swiftly walking over to the door. I could hear them faintly whispering for a moment before she came back into the room, a boy with scarlet red hair following close behind her.