Chapter 26

Megan's POV

Eventually after we finished discussing more about everything with Ellies friends. She and I ended up making our way back to my house.

It didn't take very long for the both of us to eventually start making out once we got home, clothes being scattered all around the house as we made our way up to my bedroom.

A couple hours later and here we were now, both of us cuddled up to each other completely naked. 

I wouldn't ever be able to get enough of this girl I realized. She was perfect for me, everything that I've always wanted in a relationship.

Smiling at my thought I started planting light kisses down from Ellies neck and to her shoulders. Causing her to giggle at my gesture, before turning her body around to face me. 

"I never got to tell you what I wanted to say the other day." she breathed out, goosebumps making their way onto my skin.

I smiled, nodding for her to continue.

"Megan, ever since you came into my life it has been nothing short of perfect." She started, making me begin to feel emotional.

"And I just wanted to say that after all the time we've been spending getting to know each other, I know without a doubt that... that I love you, Megan." She finished, looking relieved that she finally was able to tell me how she had been feeling.

I felt tears streaming their way down my face as I looked at the beautiful girl in front of me. My heart swelling with joy at her confession.

She loves me. 

"I feel the same way Ellie, I love you too." I said, watching her features melt at my confession.

I slowly moved closer, wrapping my arms around her body as I placed my lips onto hers. Enjoying the feel of her soft and sweet lips on mine. I love her, I thought again as I smiled into the kiss.

She smiled back, moving her arms around my neck and into my hair pulling me closer to her. I could feel the sudden want I had for her instantly increase along with something else I didn't fully recognize as we wrapped ourselves around each other, both of us seemingly not able to get close enough.

I felt as she moved her lips away, slowly opening my eyes as she did so. What I did not expect to see was the eyes that sat staring back in front of me.

"Megan, your eyes..." Ellie trailed off, looking startled. I matched her feeling as I saw her eyes were not only glowing blue, but the glow had now extended onto her eyelids and to the side of her face.

"Yours too." was all I was able to say as I watched the glow slowly dim and eventually disappear, the mark now seemingly gone from her face.

"The bond." Ellie whispered, worry evident in her expression as she stared at me dumbfounded. 

"It said something earlier... about how when two destined lovers give something to each other the bond unlocks." She continued, completely throwing me for a loop.

"What do you mean unlocks?" I asked, not understanding what she was getting at.

"We admitted that we love each other, Megan. Can't you feel the difference now? After our eyes glowed, I mean." She explained, watching my reaction as she spoke. I stared back at her, unsure of what I should say to her.

"I-" stuttering, I starting to feel what she was talking about.

"You are right." I mumbled, feeling this new energy flooding into my own, along with feelings that weren't mine.