pt.1

NOTES:
-This is the 9th & final story in my
"THE PRINCESS AND THE QUEEN" series.Following :

SCROLL I: THE NEW ORDER
"THE PRINCESS AND THE QUEEN" series
SCROLL II: THE GREAT CAMPAIGN WITHIN THE DOMAIN
"THE PRINCESS AND THE QUEEN" series
SCROLL III: MUTINY IN THE MONARCHY
"THE PRINCESS AND THE QUEEN" series
SCROLL IV: A FRUITFUL STATE OF SKEPTICISM
"THE PRINCESS AND THE QUEEN" series
SCROLL V: BLOODLINES
"THE PRINCESS AND THE QUEEN" series
SCROLL VI: AN ABOMINABLE ASCENSION
"THE PRINCESS AND THE QUEEN" series
SCROLL VII: SACRAMENTS FOR SUBSTANTIATION
"THE PRINCESS AND THE QUEEN" series
SCROLL VIII: CONQUERING A BYGONE ERA

So it's highly suggested you read those in order before this one if you haven't already. As this is a direct sequel and knowing the events and/or characters introduced in the previous stories are important for understanding the plot of this story.
___________________________________________________
COUP DE GRACE =
An action or event that serves as the culmination of a bad or deteriorating situation.

CROWNED=
originating from or founded on the royal crown or its associated dignity, sovereignty, etc.
___________________________________________________

INTRO QUOTE:
"New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings."

___________________________________________________

A flood of rushing water cascaded over the high ledge as a lone figure sat perched, looking out at the scenery below. A gentle breeze swept through the air sending a slight rustling sound through the nearby trees. Though this wasn't the only sound the figure heard as they became aware of another sudden presence. Not moving to alert their unexpected visitor, the person kept their attention forward as they just listened and waited for their hidden visitor to make their move. Barely autoble footsteps could be heard coming their way from behind. Ever closer their stalker crept as they remained hidden amongst the trees and other foliage until finally stopping only a couple feet from their intended target. Remaining as silent as possible the hidden assailant became poised to strike. Then waiting for just the right moment, the stalker kept out from their cover and grabbed their prey. Before a single sound could be heard the person found a hand quickly covering their mouth as they were held in place and the assailant whispered in their ear.

?1
(Whisper) Come with me unless you want to go over this cliff.

The assailant's hostage got an arm free from their captor's grip and pulled the hand from their mouth.

?2
You try it and you'll be going right over with me.

?1
You're welcome to try. But I think we both know that won't happen.

?2
You wanna bet?

The figure slowly edged them both closer to the ledge and looked down at the water below as they began calculating the toss of their hostage. However despite quickly running out of earth to stand on, the captive remained calm and unintimidated as they pushed back to slow them down.

?2
I'm warming you right now, if you throw me into that water, I promise you that I won't be the only one here getting wet.

The captor chuckled as they leaned a little closer to their hostage's ear and whispered once again.

?1
(Whisper) Oh but what makes you think that I'm not already?