• 10 •

Seeing them leave her behind, all the boys start laughing. But then, she screams one last time, "Please... help!"

This time, Aryan looks behind and spots the same girl. He orders, "Stop the car right now!" The driver stops abruptly. Aryan gets out of the car and starts running in her direction, with Utkarsh following closely.

One of the guys comes forward, reaching out to touch her, but Aryan intervenes. He swiftly kicks the guy, and in the next moment, he's on the ground. The other guys hesitate but then start attacking in defense. That's when Utkarsh pulls out a gun from his pocket, pointing it at them. Fear takes over, and they scatter, running away.

Arya, on the other hand, is filled with fear. Her hands tremble as Aryan approaches her. He leans in and asks, "Are you okay?" She nods in response, and in the next moment, he wraps his arms around her in a comforting hug.

Utkarsh steps forward and informs, "Boss, they're gone." Aryan nods in acknowledgment. Arya's nerves gradually return to normal, and she stops shaking. Aryan gets up, and she follows suit.

Utkarsh, filled with curiosity, asks, "Aren't you the same girl who called me that day?" Aryan looks at him with a questioning expression, and Arya nods in confirmation.

Utkarsh continues, "Where did you go that night?" Aryan, growing impatient, interjects, "What are you talking about, Utkarsh?" He replies, "Boss, she's the one who saved you that night." Now, Aryan is equally curious but stops himself from asking any further questions, seeing fear on her face.

Utkarsh continues, "We were looking for you. Why didn't you contact us, even after seeing the news?"

Aryan interrupts firmly, "Enough!" giving Utkarsh a stern look.

Aryan changes the topic and asks, "Miss, where do you live? My driver will drop you."

***
ARYA POV :

He asks , "Miss, where do you live?" I find myself at a loss for words. I have nowhere to go in this unfamiliar world. As I ponder, he gently asks, "You have nowhere to go. What were you doing on the road at midnight?"

I try to form a response, stammering, "I...," but he interrupts, "It's late. You can come with us."

My thoughts race as I consider the offer. At least I'll be close to him this way. He reassures me, "Miss, you can come. We aren't wrong people" while showing his business card. It seems he thinks I doubt his intentions. I nod in agreement.

He shows me the way to his car, and I start walking. Suddenly, he says, "Wait." Concern fills me, and I wonder if I did something wrong. Is he leaving me here alone? But then, he takes off his suit jacket and covers me with it, saying, "Now, let's go."

Internally, I'm screaming. No, Arya, I remind myself. I'm supposed to help him in finding his lover, not fall for him. I take a deep breath and follow him to the car. His bodyguard is already seated in the front, so I sit in the back beside Aryan.

The car starts, and I gaze outside, marveling at how realistic this world looks. My mind reminds me that it can be dangerous too. Arya! stay alert, I tell myself. Meanwhile, Aryan scrolling on his phone, seemingly lost in his thoughts. As always, I doze off.

"Mam, mam" the driver says, trying to wake me. In my sleepy state, I mumble, "Huh! Let me sleep."

He insists, "Mam, we are here." I wake up, realizing that this isn't my bed. Looking out of the window, I'm taken aback. There's a massive mansion with a white and blue exterior, done in French style.

I protest, "Sir, I think you're joking. Why would you prank me?"

The driver insists, "Mam, please get off. Aryan Sahab will be furious if they find me wasting time." So, I reluctantly step out of the car, realizing that this mansion is where Aryan lives all alone.

A lady approaches and says, "Mam, this way." I follow her, my mind racing with thoughts about how luxurious this place must be. My inner voice mocks me, "Arya, close your mouth and behave."

The lady leads me to a room and says, "Mam, this is your room." I'm in complete shock and ask in disbelief, "Is this really my room?" She nods, smiling elegantly, and says, "Now my shift is over. If you need anything, you can call me tomorrow at 6 am." I simply nod in response.

I enter the room, and my jaw drops in awe."Wow! Where am I? Is this heaven? Ultra luxury!"

Everything in this room looks incredibly expensive and exquisite.

I ask myself in amazement, "Is this going to be my room? Am I going to live here? Whoa! ,"

"Arya! teri toh lottery lag gayi" mouth opens wide in utter shock.

(As soon as Arya body touches the bed, she dozes off again.)