• 14 - B •

Aryan shifts his gaze from Arya as Utkarsh enters, his face marked with tension. "Boss, we need to talk," he states.

Stepping out of the room, Aryan's expression is tinged with concern. "What's the matter, Utkarsh?" he asks, his voice revealing a rare moment of vulnerability.

Utkarsh doesn't hold back. "Boss, what's gotten into you? You're letting her into your life. In all the years I've known you, you've never shown this kind of concern for anyone, let alone a girl. It's unlike you."

"I can't explain it, Utkarsh. She saved me," Aryan responds, his voice tinged with a complexity he rarely shows.

Utkarsh presses on, "You're walking on thin ice, boss. If anyone catches wind of your attachment to her, she could become a target. Think about it."

Aryan absorbs Utkarsh's words, his thoughts swirling with a mix of concern, confusion, and an emotion he can't quite place.

***
ARYAN POV:

I'm next to Arya, my eyes locked onto her as an unfamiliar sense of concern engulfs me.

"Why is she affecting me like this?" I silently question myself. There's an ease in her presence, a tranquility that's unsettling yet comforting. Her odd comments manage to crack a rare smile on my face, one that's been absent for years or perhaps never existed.

lost in my thoughts, I reflect on her quirky banter and infectious laughter. A faint smile graces my lips, catching me off guard. When was the last time I genuinely smiled, let alone at something as trivial as playful banter? The answer eludes me, further deepening the enigmatic allure she holds.

"Something's shifting inside me," I ponder internally, grappling with this newfound connection that defies explanation.

***
ARYA POV :

I wake up with a throbbing head, disoriented by the unfamiliar surroundings. Just as confusion starts to cloud my thoughts, Aryan walks in, his presence immediately commanding the room.

"Wait a minute, let me help you," he says softly, assisting me into a comfortable sitting position while placing a tray beside me.

My brows furrow in bewilderment as I manage to ask, "Where am I?"

"In my room," he replies with a calmness that catches me off guard, leaving me stammering, "Your room?"

His teasing finger pointing at my head, he jests, "Don't let that tiny brain wander into absurd territories." But his tone shifts back to serious as he explains, "You fainted in your room."

As he settles beside me, his scolding feels oddly comforting. "Why didn't you tell me about your fever or your period?" He extends a spoon toward me, and I eye it skeptically. "Eat," he insists.

"I didn't want to bother you," I murmured, my gaze falling to the floor.

Gently lifting my chin, he meets my eyes, his own filled with unmistakable concern. "Bother me? Look how concerned I've been," he says softly, leaving me momentarily speechless.

"What," is all I manage to utter before he dismisses it with a simple,

"Never mind."

Yet as I observe him, a realization dawns upon me: there's a depth to Aryan that I hadn't noticed before. Is it my condition heightening my perception, or has he always carried this captivating aura? The thought sends a jolt through me. 'Snap out of it, Arya,' I chide myself internally. 'You're here to assist him in finding his lover, not to lose yourself in him.

(Days meld into a week and he continues to take care of me until my health wasn't back to normal.