• 15 •

(A RANDOM DAY, WITH A VERY RANDOM CONVERSATION)

In the dimly lit study room, Arya couldn't help but dive into the topic once more, her bubbly personality shining through. With a playful sip of her coffee, she ventured, "You know, Mr. Roy, life's too short to be a lone wolf. Ever thought about giving love a shot?"

Aryan let out a weary sigh, his usual stoic demeanor struggling to contain his growing impatience. "Little Miss, as I've mentioned, my love life isn't up for discussion," he retorted, trying to maintain his composure.

But Arya, ever the persistent one, pressed on with a cheeky grin. "Come on, Mr. Roy, it's not healthy to be this closed off," she insisted, eyes twinkling with mischief.

"Imagine the possibilities—a partner to uplift you, someone to bring sunshine to your days. Trust me, you're quite the catch," she continued, a teasing tone in her voice.

Arching an eyebrow, Aryan shot back, "Is that a fact?"

With a mischievous smile, he leaned in, capturing her full attention. "What about you? Little miss" he asked, his voice taking on a flirtatious edge. "Would you consider yourself fortunate to have someone like me?"

Taken aback, Arya stumbled over her words. "Wha—What do you mean?"

Drawing closer, Aryan's voice lowered to a seductive whisper, causing her heart to race. "Exactly as I said," he murmured.

Managing to find her footing, Arya took a step back, playfully declaring, "You're not exactly my type, you know."

A smirk tugged at Aryan's lips. "You do have quite the imagination, Little Miss."

Grinning ear to ear, Arya quipped, "Someone needs to be your happiness advocate since you're failing miserably."

A soft chuckle escaped Aryan's lips. "Valid point."

As their banter unfurled into the night, Arya's infectious energy began to seep into Aryan's hardened exterior. Unbeknownst to him, the playful exchanges were slowly chipping away at the walls he'd so meticulously erected around his heart, revealing a vulnerability he never knew existed.