• 24 •

(Someone barged into the room with the sharp click of heels.)

"See this, all of this!" She threw newspapers onto the table, anger evident in her voice. "Breaking their marriage, and they're bloody going on a honeymoon," Tiara said in frustration.

He replied, "Now is our chance, the opportunity we've been waiting for."

Tiara asked, "How?"

He showed her a small pocket containing white powder and said, "This is our way."

Tiara questioned, "Afsar, what is this, and how will it help us?"

He responded, "Wait, be patient, I'll explain. This is a very rare drug. If someone smells it, they will get high. So, we will use this drug. I know from my source that they will be in one of those famous clubs; they have an advance appointment. We will add this drug to their drinks. They will get high, lose control over themselves, and then..."

Tiara interrupted, "No, no, it's too risky, we can't."

He insisted, "We have to because you want him, and I want her. After they get drunk, we'll take our chance. You will spend the night with Aryan, and I with Arya. In the morning, when they come to their senses, they'll be heartbroken."

He started laughing sinisterly, outlining their devious plan.

***

IN THAILAND

"Arya, wait for me here. I'll come after taking our room key," Aryan said, and Arya nodded.

Aryan moved to the reception desk."Excuse me, I need the key to our room. We made a reservation under the name 'Aryan Roy and Arya Shrivastav Roy'" he asked the receptionist.

The receptionist replied, "Wait, sir, I'll check."

"Sorry, sir, but you have a reservation for one room as a couple, not two" she explained.

Aryan was taken aback. "What?" he exclaimed.

"Yes, sir," the receptionist confirmed.

Aryan sighed and asked, "Okay, can you make one more room reservation for us?"

The receptionist regretfully replied, "Sorry, sir, but we only accept advance bookings right now, and we don't have any other rooms available."

Aryan persisted, "Oh, but can't you at least try?"

"I'm sorry, sir, I can't help you with this matter. Here's your spare key," the receptionist said, handing him a keycard.

"Thank you," Aryan said.

She added, "Sir, your room is number 507. Take the elevator on your right and press for the 17th floor."

"Thank you," Aryan replied.

The receptionist concluded, "Please let me know if you need any further assistance. We're here to serve you."

Aryan nodded and went on his way.

"Little wife, let's go," Aryan said to Arya.

Arya responded with a gesture, like she was asking for something.

Confused, he asked, "What?"

"My room key," she requested.

"No, you have to stay with me. Aditi didn't book two rooms," Arya informed her.