• 45 •

NEXT MORNING,

Aryan returned to his daily routine as if nothing had happened. He had officially divorced Arya in front of the public, but only he knew that those papers were completely fake. He had to continue playing the role of a heartbroken man in front of Tiara.

Aryan looked out of the window, recalling all the events that had taken place recently.

"Mr. Roy, the person you asked me to find out about was Associate Commissioner Deva Mathera. He was an honest police officer who had been working on an illegal smuggling case for the last few years. I found out from his colleague that they had warned him multiple times not to get involved in this case. The last anyone saw of him was a meeting with this person, and after that, no one knows what happened to him. We suspect he's dead," Rishab reported.

Aryan asked, "Do you have a photo of that person?"

Rishab replied, "Yes, I do. And Mr. Roy, I need some extra payment because I chose to be loyal to you rather than working against you."

"Don't worry, your payment will be transferred to your bank account. Thank you for staying loyal," Aryan assured him.

Rishab handed over the photo, and Aryan looked at it, clearly disturbed by what he was seeing. Aryan snapped out of his thoughts.

"Boss," Utkarsh said urgently.

"What happened? You were supposed to take care of—" Aryan began, but he was interrupted.

"Mrs. Roy has gone missing," Utkarsh reported.

"What?" Aryan said in shock, getting up from his chair.

"Yes, I was just outside to attend a call, but when I came back, the apartment door was open. I went in to look for Mrs. Roy, but she wasn't anywhere. I think she has been kidnapped by Anwar Khan and Afsar." Utkarsh explained.

"What... wait, what is going on here? Will you two explain to me?" Aditi asked as she entered the office, clearly shocked.

"Utkarsh, get the car ready. I don't think I can fake it anymore," Aryan said, looking worried.

"Yes, boss," Utkarsh responded.

"What is happening? Utkarsh, will you explain anything? Aryan used to hate Arya until yesterday, and now she's kidnapped, and what's this about not being able to fake it anymore?" Aditi asked, utterly confused and in the dark about the situation.

"Aditi, I'll explain everything on the way. For now, let's go," Utkarsh said, ushering them out of the office.

***

On their way, Aryan took his car while Utkarsh and Aditi were in a separate vehicle. After they settled into their respective cars, Aditi couldn't contain her curiosity any longer.

"Now tell me what's going on and what are you hiding from me?" Aditi asked, her voice filled with urgency.

Utkarsh proceeded to explain everything to her, recounting the events and the reasons behind their actions. Aditi listened in shock and disbelief, her eyes widening as she processed the information.

"Why didn't you tell me all along? Why was I the only one not aware of anything?" Aditi questioned, feeling a mix of frustration and confusion.

Just then, Utkarsh received a call from Aryan. Aditi whispered to keep the call on speaker so she could hear the conversation.

"Hello, Utkarsh," Aryan's voice sounded tense.

"Yes, boss," Utkarsh replied.

"I will be the first one going inside. You call our men and gather them," Aryan instructed, his tone serious.