• 42 •

(In the background, the sound of a cricket match playing, and a commentator shouts, "Woh sixer!")

The phone rings, and a man of Indian descent is seen enjoying a meal while watching the cricket match. He looks annoyed as he answers the phone, muttering, "Kaun hai sala, khana bhi sukoon se nahi khena deta." (Who's that bastard who didn't even let me eat in peace?) He picks up the phone and gruffly says, "Hello, kaun?" (Hello, who is it?)

Suddenly, he stops chewing, his face grows serious, and he swallows his food hastily. He responds, "Yes, boss. Okay, okay."

He abruptly leaves his table and heads into a room in what appears to be a small hotel. Opening the door, he announces, "Start with work, boss ne order diya hai" (Boss has given the order), and people inside the room start typing furiously on their screens, accompanied by the sounds of rapid printing.

***

The next morning, breaking news flashes on the screen

Anchor SPEAKS "So, we have today's big news from the side of your favorite lawyer of all time. He got married only five months ago, and he's already divorced his wife. He found out that his wife was cheating on him. Yes, we're talking about none other than Mr. Aryan Roy, whose wife was discovered to be a con artist. She not only played with his feelings but also used him, and it turns out she got pregnant only because of his money and his company. The world is a cruel place, but we give our best support to Mr. Aryan Roy, who is our hero, to stay strong during this time."

Another anchor reports on Aryan's divorce.

Aditi: "See this on the internet, it's trending on every social media platform, this news about our boss and Mrs. Roy."

Utkarsh: "We need to take down all these articles as soon as possible before they spread further. We don't really know what's going on between them."

Aditi dials the phone to their cyber team to take down the interviews and articles.

Comments from the public:

"How greedy can any woman be?"

"This woman has made me hate myself."

"You should be ashamed at this point."

"How could she play with my Aryan?"

Tiara: "Wow," she says as she scrolls through the comments.

Tiara : "Afsar ,See this comment, how mean they are being to that woman," she says, smiling.

Tiara: "She deserves that for taking my Aryan away from me."

Afsar: "See, I told you I would make them separate in any way."

Tiara: "But how did you do it?"

Afsar: "It was an easy task for me."continued, explaining further.

Afsar: "The reporter who used to work for Aryan, what was his name, Rishab, was an easy man to deal with. He was a greedy. I got to know about him from my resources, and he was working for Aryan on some case. So, I went to Malaysia and met with that Rishab, offered him a huge sum of money, and he agreed to work for me. I gave him the photos and papers I wanted to show to Aryan and ordered him to wait for my command. When the right time came, I ordered him to tell everything to Aryan, face to face. You know what? Aryan already hated me and my brother and thought if he find out his wife was associated with me. Also, the person who was working for me in his company got caught, so I paid him to tell Aryan that Arya is his boss who ordered him. It must have definitely made him angry and heartbroken at the same time. He's an intelligent lawyer, but when it comes to love, everyone becomes a stupid puppy. Now, the results are in front of you. I feel sorry for that poor girl; she doesn't even know what's her mistake."

Tiara: "You are cunning, Afsar," she said with a smirk.

Tiara: "Now, aryan will be mine." They both laughed and raised their glasses in a toast.

***

Breaking News: Mr. Aryan Roy was found to be drunk and wasted in a local bar, arguing with some people last night...

A mysterious man switched off the TV and took a sip of his cigar. He said, "Good job, Anwar. Your brother did a great job. I'm thinking of making him a permanent member in the PMO office with my connections, so he could come more into our use."

"Thank you, boss. It's just nothing. My brother and I are grateful to you," Anwar replied.

"Hmm... I didn't think that Aryan was that easy to destroy. He was just digging too much into the case," the man said as he emerged from the shadows.

"I gave him this case because I wanted to see his capabilities. He just needed to act like he was working hard on it and pretend to solve the case, and then just lose the case in the end. But he was stupid; he didn't understand when he needed to stop. He was so busy being a hero that he forgot to protect himself or his family. He was just like his father" Mr. Shewakat said.

"Yes, boss, now it's time for his downfall," Anwar agreed.

"Now it's time to eliminate him, but before that, his wife needs to be taken care of," Mr. Shewakat stated. "He knows a lot about me; it's not good to let him live, and it's risky for us."

"Yes, boss," Anwar replied.

***

"Take down that post right now," Aditi ordered, rushing into the cabin. Utkarsh followed her and she asked, "Did you find out where he was?"

Aditi replied with frustration, "No, then where the hell is Aryan? There's chaos happening in the media, and they're all talking about him."

Just then, Aryan entered the room, lost in his thoughts. He appeared drunk, his hair in mess, and his clothes crumpled. Aditi couldn't help but ask him, "Where were you?" But Aryan remained silent.

"Is it all true, those were fake rumors about you and Arya? She can't do that," Aditi said, her hand folding on her chest in disbelief.

"You weren't here, so I had to take down those rumors and news myself. It will be done in half an hour," she reassured him, concerned about his privacy.

Aryan surprised Aditi with his response, saying, "Don't take them down."

"What?" Aditi asked, unable to believe what she was hearing.

"I said, don't take down any page. Let them talk; it's true," Aryan said with a cold voice.

"What?" Aditi exclaimed in shock.

"Yes, and don't disturb me. I am going home," he ordered Aditi, leaving her stunned. She looked at Utkarsh, who followed Aryan outside.

[40 hours later]

 phone rang, and Anwar picked it up. "Hello?"

"Hello, bhai, I couldn't find her. She's missing," Afsar's voice came through the phone.

"What?" Anwar exclaimed in shock.

"Yes, bhai. Our people and I have looked everywhere, asked everyone and every thug around the city, but she's nowhere to be found. No one saw any pregnant lady with a suitcase around here," Afsar informed urgently.

"What? Look around carefully, where could she have gone? Boss will kill me if he finds out. Just find her in any way," Anwar instructed with worry in his voice.

"Yes, bhai," Afsar replied before cutting the call.

He muttered to himself, "Arya, where could you have gone?"

***

 A woman walked in dark alley, her steps growing quicker as she felt like she was being followed. She began to run as fast as she could, despite her condition, without looking back. 

The person behind her started running after her. Eventually, she stopped to catch her breath, her heart pounding in fear.The person behind her reached out and placed a hand on her shoulder. 

She turned, her expression switching from fear to relief as she muttered, " Thank God, it's you," and took a few deep breaths to regain her composure.